Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 04:23 PM

Default PLO Free Flop w/ 3s double suited

I'm new to PLO and would like some advice on this hand. The table was very passive before the flop and so I saw many free flops from the big blind. The flop bet was to try to protect the hand. The check-raise was to try to win the pot. Should I have gotten off this hand or played it more strait forward?

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha High, $.50 BB (10 handed) converter

UTG ($132.75)
UTG+1 ($80.10)
UTG+2 ($31.80)
MP1 ($10.75)
MP2 ($41.55)
MP3 ($77.30)
CO ($136)
Button ($9.15)
SB ($18)
redsamurai ($34.15)

Preflop: redsamurai is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 calls $0.50, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB completes, redsamurai checks.

Flop: ($4.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(9 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">redsamurai bets $3.25</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $3.25, CO calls $3.25, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($14.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
redsamurai checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">CO bets $14.25</font>, <font color="CC3333">redsamurai raises to $30.40 (all-in)</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls $16.15.

River: ($75.05) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $75.05
<font color="green">Main Pot: $75.05, between CO and redsamurai.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by redsamurai ($75.05).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
redsamurai shows 5h 3d Kd 3h (flush, ace high).
sliotar mucks cards. Tc 4h 2h 6s (flush ace high).

Outcome: redsamurai wins $75.05. </font>
Old 06-16-2004, 04:57 PM

Default Re: PLO Free Flop w/ 3s double suited

I think the flop bet is ok. Bottom set can win, but it is a dangerous hand.

Now that you got callers, and the jack comes off, I really dont understand the check raise.

The flush draw is worthless - you really have to assume that someone has a straight now, and you are drawing for the butt boat, I would fold here evertime.

I know that is not the case here, but your opponent is a complete moron. I cant believe he even called pre-flop with that hand, and then was was drawing ot a belly buster butt-straight with a flush draw on the board (his 42 of hearts do not factor at all.

I haven't seen play that bad at the $2 buy-in tables. I will have to add him to my buddy list.
Old 06-16-2004, 05:27 PM

He's on mine now. I wish I could say I had a clean read on him before making this play but no (he wasn't at the table long enough). I though the raise would put him off anything but the strait or over trips. I figured it was 50-50 that he had a flush draw and thought any flush draw would be better than mine. This was a semi-bluff gone good. The more I thought about this play the more didn't like it irrespective of the results. I left shortly after this as I think it may have ruined my table image for the session. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:43 PM

here is a tip, don't bluff at this game with cards to come. These folks hold on to draws like a moray eel on a dead fish.

Also, there are drawing hands worth calling pot sized bets with.

The times to bluff are when you really know your opponents, and you know they are good enough to fold. I have successfully played baby flushes, and ran bluffs on guys that I knew would only bet top-set, If I was on a flush draw, and straight card hit, then I would bluff - if they checked it to me.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:43 PM

Default looking forward to playing with both of you

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2004, 12:52 PM

Default No Sage advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, just what are you trying to say?