Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-26-2005, 06:31 PM

Default Whats my move?

Action dictates my hand sucks, but only 5BB left...what to do? I'm small stack of 20 people remaining...payout doubles at 18 left, but I need final table spot to get decent prize.

Converted at PokerGeek
PokerStars NL Hold'em Tournament - 10000/20000 Blinds (7 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 3: LP (T158621)
Seat 4: CO (T501719)
Seat 6: Button (T299028)
Seat 7: Small blind (T460414)
Seat 8: Big blind (Hero) (T108220)
Seat 9: UTG (T552133)

Preflop: Hero is Big blind with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP raises (60000), LP all-in (157621), <font color="#666666">3 folds....Hero goes in tank then???</font>,
Old 12-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Whats my move?

I think you have to call here the LP only has 8xBB and is also getting desperate and I can see him going in 44+,A10+,KQ and MP could being the big stack could have a fairly wide range also.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:52 PM

I don't see MP listed at the beginning. What's his stack like? I think I fold here.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see MP listed at the beginning. What's his stack like? I think I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The table was short so MP was UTG...convertor error I guess
Old 12-26-2005, 07:02 PM

Easy call, your stack is small and LP could be pushing with any number of hands. You're going to have to make a move, now is a good time.

Jeanie
xo*Kisses*xo @ Stars
Old 12-26-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it also lists a fold before "MP" raises, which would be UTG folding. perhaps a convertor error...
Old 12-26-2005, 07:17 PM

What are the antes? I know Stars has antes at this level, but can't be bothered to look it up. It's pretty important, so you should include that information in your post if for some reason the converter does not.

I'd estimate you are about a 2½:1 dog against your two opponents' range of hands, and your pot odds seem to be 3:1, suggesting a call.

It depends on your read of course. If you have the reraiser pegged as particularly tight, then probably fold it because there's too much of a chance he has you dominated.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it also lists a fold before "MP" raises, which would be UTG folding. perhaps a convertor error...

[/ QUOTE ]

We were 6 handed...1st to act raised with big stack....converter did make mistake...btw 1st to act was getting into almost half the pots at that point but normally was just calling into the action... push came from solid player that normally showed down the goods.

I felt I had to call here but didnt like it a bit.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:22 PM

even if utg is a loose/aggressive player, LP must have something to be pushing here. He's not desperate with the next payout coming up.
what are the range of hands you put these people on?
I would rather raise all in with AQo than call with it.
I think you could have picked a better spot if you called.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the antes? I know Stars has antes at this level, but can't be bothered to look it up. It's pretty important, so you should include that information in your post if for some reason the converter does not.

I'd estimate you are about a 2½:1 dog against your two opponents' range of hands, and your pot odds seem to be 3:1, suggesting a call.

It depends on your read of course. If you have the reraiser pegged as particularly tight, then probably fold it because there's too much of a chance he has you dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could be as well off as 2:1 dog here if either of the other stacks (smaller one most likely) can be put on an A, which is pretty common in these situations.

I think its an easy call.