Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: OT: STTF NYC Get together

I grew up on the Upper West Side and still live in the city. Try Dallas BBQ on 72nd between Columbus and CPW- used to go there in high school (1990- yikes!) and would get smashed on their fishbowl sized beers. Or Amsterdam Ave has a bunch of good bars in the early 80's. Brother Jimmies on 82nd-ish and Amsterdam is a good option for burgers and beer. I was at Churrascarria (sp?) last weekend and had a blast, although you'll need reservations on a Saturday night fo sho. Park Ave Cafe is cool, but the waiters may treat you like [censored] if they think they're only gonna have a $400 check for 12 people. Houlihans is a good suggestion, and so is any bar on 2nd Ave from 49thstreet up to about 66th. In fact, 66th and first has a great bar/restaurant called Fitzgerald's where they'd love to see you guys. Plus there's a poker room right near by there called the Newer Club (65th and 1st) which you could go and pwn! after a few burgers and beers. Anyway, PM me if you need more suggestions I've spent 30 years in this city and can point you in a good direction.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:19 AM

I have no useful suggestions I'm afraid, but I will say that I'm happy with whatever.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:07 AM

Around 72nd, definitely go to Dallas BBQ. The quality/price ratio for the ribs and drinks is virtually unparalleled in NYC.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if everyone wants to be spending 50 bucks on dinner, pre drinks. i'd prefer if this were more accessable, not less accessable. the food doesn't need to be particularly high end. more important is that they have a good space for a dozen or so people to chill out for a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was skeptical whether this was worth the deniro, but this place is golden. Do yourself a favour and have dinner @ Churrascaria.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have 12 people of more at churrasquierria you can get all you can eat dinner dessert and all you can drink wine for 75 a person plus tip. Or for 90 dollars plus tip open bar as well. It is the best...
Old 11-29-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you have 12 people of more at churrasquierria you can get all you can eat dinner dessert and all you can drink wine for 75 a person plus tip. Or for 90 dollars plus tip open bar as well. It is the best...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i've done dinner at several all you can eat brazillian bbq places, and i like them a lot, and personally, i have no problem paying a pile of money for dinner every once in a while. but i don't want there to be a price barrier that would cause even a single person who wants to attend to say "eh, i'd like to go but i'd prefer not to blow $x on dinner tonight."

c

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds awesome if they would let 18yos in.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:54 AM

well, when prompted with "around 72nd" we got a "go to dallas bbq" which is the place around there that durron had independently found.

we also got a "don't go around 72nd," which is totally reasonable.

however, there's another dallas bbq place in the village right in the middle of things, that i posted the phone number for in this thread. it sounds like a good, all ages, place. hopefully durron can find a time to call them today.

c
Old 11-29-2005, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

however, there's another dallas bbq place in the village right in the middle of things, that i posted the phone number for in this thread. it sounds like a good, all ages, place. hopefully durron can find a time to call them today.

c

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah yeah yeah
Old 11-29-2005, 01:02 PM

dallas BBQ = meh, or in citanul's case, 'gah'
Old 11-29-2005, 05:39 PM

Just a quick heads up on this gathering:

Make sure you don't get too close to pooh for fear that his "daily-use chick-repellant" spray accidently rubs off on you.

By his posts I can tell that this tool couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a fist full of pardons.