Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Open up your blind stealing hands to hands like K9s, or even Q9o
No 0 0%
Depends on table tightness 8 19.05%
Yes 34 80.95%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Dating smarter / not as smart girls...your thoughts

Xadrez, sounds like a pretty interesting position, care to elaborate more?

Shant, I second this, also when you are peeing all over them

I can't think of a cool exit line,

lbk
Old 12-05-2005, 04:17 PM

I want 'em about as smart. Dated one pretty dumb one and for the life of me, I wanted to rip out all of my hair. I did my best to find something tolerable, but that was nearly impossible.

I'd take one smarter than me. I'm sure there are plenty out there...just haven't dated one yet. Maybe that's because they are smart all enough to avoid me.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:28 PM

First, my GF has a huge head start on me in terms of career progression. Secondly, she works in a field (fashion) that makes much, much more than mine (current/future). Even when I get my MA, I will still probably make less than her as I will most likely work in the non-profit/public sector.

Also, I am a part-time grad student who works full time. My job pays my tuition in full but justifies not paying comparably, and giving decent raises by saying "we pay for your school". Basically my paychecks are anemic in the sense that I make enough to live in month to month in NY, but cannot save or invest.

My GF is willing to bear with me while I do this, and she knows that in the future I probably wont make a ton of cash. For that I think she's awesome. She could care less how much money I make as long as Im doing what I want to be doing. Of course, I probably couldnt walk in and announce my plans to become a heroin sumggler, but as long as its something semi-respectable. Hell, when I met her I was a waiter.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:37 PM

I'm an intellecutal snob. Dumb girls just get old after a while. They would be fine if I didn't have to hang out or talk with them, but how often do you get that and I don't really want that either.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:37 PM

OP:

If I was to pick any option other than #1 (Smarter) I would be fooling myself. Women are smarter than me .

No FYP needed,
--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 07:00 PM

I don't know how to say this w/o sounding like a total arrogant prick, but I'm pretty damn smart according to standardized tests and just basic cleverness and general knowledge. For anything more than a friend with benefits, I naturally want someone in the same intellectual ballbark as me. The problem is that many of these girls are unatractive and of those that are, 90% are argumentative bitches or are extremely complicated. By complicated, I mean really f*cked-up, and they are often very good at hiding this. You'll probably discover this much later into the relationship than you would like. Of the remaining 10%, probably 80% have serious boyfriends who have no intention of ever letting them get back on the market.
I'm not being cynical, this is honest assessment of the top maybe 5% of girls intelligence-wise.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM

To quote the Notorious B.I.G...."[censored] I like em brainless, guns I like em stainless steel, I want the [censored] fortune like the wheel"

Not sure what guns or money has to do with this thread, but the first line sums up my view
Old 12-05-2005, 07:19 PM

If I held out for an attractive girl as smart as me, I'd be celibate.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:29 PM

im surprised by these results. I would think more guys would want a girl who is not as smart as them. If there was an option on the poll to have a girl who was slightly dumber than yourself i bet it would be winning
Old 12-05-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im surprised by these results. I would think more guys would want a girl who is not as smart as them. If there was an option on the poll to have a girl who was slightly dumber than yourself i bet it would be winning

[/ QUOTE ]

Chalk me up for slightly dumber than me. Seems to be the girls I like.