Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Absolute Hand Histories Slow?

I took a two month break from playing and now I've returned to AP. But it's taking between 30 and 60 minutes for the HHs to reach my inbox. It used to just take a couple of minutes at most. Is anyone else having this problem?

It's really annoying because I don't want to play more than 200 hands before receiving the history. Just now I reached 193 hands and still didn't have it, so I decided to quit for the night. Support claims they are developing a save-to-harddrive system. It will be nice when/if that's available.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Absolute Hand Histories Slow?

I just started playin absolute but, yes, they are very slow. It hasn't taken 30-60 minutes tho. I've had 3 seperate emails on 1 table for 108 hands so far tonite. I agree that a "save to hard drive" system will be much mo better.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:53 AM

same here. just started playing and it sucks. however, i have been in contact with their support and they insist that the new system will be in place very soon. lets hope so, these emails just arent coming along fast enough to keep track properly
Old 09-16-2005, 06:02 AM

Even if it takes 30 minutes it doesn't mean it is hard to keep track properly.

I check with my stats every now and then and when they are near 120-130 I request my last 150 hands. Reset my stats and keep playing. You don't loose any hands with that.

Those are no live stats, but it made me better at reading players and watching the game I noticed.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if it takes 30 minutes it doesn't mean it is hard to keep track properly.

[/ QUOTE ]
For me, this is how it works: I play 3 tables and average 170 hands/hour. Suppose at 8:00, I request my last 50 hands. I think I am going to get the 50 hands I played between 7:45 and 8:00. But the email doesn't arrive until 8:30 and what I get is the 50 hands I played between 8:15 and 8:30. So "last" means the last hands played until the time the email arrives, not until the time I made the request.

The most you can request is your last 200 hands. So if the total hands played exceeds 200 before the email arrives, then there will be hands that I will *never* get in my database. After playing 100 hands, I request my last 200 hands. It will take me 35 minutes to play another 100 hands. So if I don't get the email in 35 minutes, then either I abandon some hands or I stop playing and wait for the email.

If this is not what is happening to you, then you are luckier than me. But for me, if I don't get the email in a timely fashion, then it certainly does mean that it is hard to keep track properly.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a two month break from playing and now I've returned to AP. But it's taking between 30 and 60 minutes for the HHs to reach my inbox. It used to just take a couple of minutes at most. Is anyone else having this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been a consistant problem at AP for the last month or so. Sometimes the HH can take longer than an hour to get sent out.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:18 PM

Here's an update for anyone having the same problem. What I've started doing is this: when I sit down, I immediately request 200 hands. By the time the email comes, I've played 100 hands or so and I get all but the most recent 10-20. Then I immediately request another 200 and repeat the process. We'll see if I'm able to get all my hands this way. The only pain is that I have to wait a half hour or so after my session before I can update my PT database.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:00 PM

What I've been doing is requesting last 100 when I open the client which covers the last session. I then open PT to auto import from POP3. When I see an import completed I check my stats to see how many hands I've played so far and request the next highest number of hands and reset my stats. Has worked well so far.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:42 PM

Took them SIX HOURS to send me a HH last night.

Support bad, cashouts bad, software bad...

Seriously, the one single, solitary thing about Paradise that doesn't suck is their soft tables, and that's probably because anyone who plays much gets fed up with them.