Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Brutal 30-60 hand on PP

I am UTG with JJ and I open with a raise. AcKc makes it three bets to go, and it folds around to me and i just call. Flop comes rainbow J 8 6. I check, and villain bets. Turn comes a 10. I check, villain bets, and i raise, and villain three bets, and i cap. River comes what then seemed to be a semi- harmless Q, for a board of J 8 6 10 Q, no possible flush. I bet, and villain just calls. Is it possible that he didn't realize he just made the nuts, and was calling me with A K high? when he three bet the turn, i figured him for AA, and could not put him on anything else. Any comments on my play and why he only raised when he was behind and just called when he had the nuts?
Old 09-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Brutal 30-60 hand on PP

Welcome to the forum. Please don't post the villian's hand or results until later because it will bias responses. As for this hand, it's just a bad beat...no big deal. He saved you 60 on the end so it wasn't that brutal right? You got 4 bets in on the turn with him having only 4 outs...what else could you do?

Jeff
Old 09-07-2005, 12:45 PM

Worst bad beat post ever. Welcome anyway.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst bad beat post ever. Welcome anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, any card that hits and gives AK a wheel or broadway it is not a seemingly harmless card when it was threebet preflop.