Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: The day the music died?

[ QUOTE ]
I hate Party Poker as much as I hate Nazis, slavery, and every girl on MTV's 'My Super Sweet 16'. I really hope that I can find a place to play that is as profitable as Party Poker is because I don't want to give them my money. They have never attempted to do anything other than make more money. They have no desire to please their customers.

Also, the sidebet and BJ things need to go, fast.

[censored] Party Poker. in the ass. hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is going to cost you guys a lot of money, but it's just business. They are in the business to make money, just like me and you. You would dump party in a second if you could make more money elsewhere, but if they come back with a good deal, you'll come back right back. They are no better or worse than us.

They have an obligation to their shareholders to maximize profits just like any other company. It's not personal. You could argue that these moves are bad for their business, but we'll have to wait and see. PokerStars doesn't offer rakeback, and nobody is complaining about their policies.

They offered rakeback for a while, realized it was a terrible idea, and then changed it. I'm just suprised that it took this long.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: The day the music died?

Anyone who is depending on Party to start offering rakebacks my be sorely disappointed.

I played Empire because they had rakeback and Party didn't. How much we can't know, but much of the skins' base was probably those with rakeback. I cannot see how the skins would agree to the changes if Party now offered rakeback, which would further decimate the skins' base. It makes no logical sense. Much of this makes no logical sense, but certainly Party offering rakeback would finish off the skins.

The fallout from all this may be huge. It no doubt will be interesting. It's already been entertaining.

CJ