Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: UCLA study concludes left wing bias in media is legit

[ QUOTE ]
Bias in the media or Bias in the studiers?:

"One of the authors of the study, Groseclose, was a Hoover Institution 2000-2001 national fellow; Milyo, according to his CV, received a $40,500 grant from AEI; and, according to The Philanthropy Roundtable, Groseclose and Milyo were named by Heritage as Salvatori fellows in 1997."

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're directing that question at me...it doesn't seem so much a case of studier bias; it seems to be the case of a sub-par study -- or at the very least, a study where the far-reaching conclusion reached by the researchers ("Media bias proven") isn't in fact proven by the study.

I suppose we could invent some agenda on behalf of the researchers, and claim that some right-wing groups paid a couple of UCLA professors to concoct a study that could be cited in numerous times in the media (knowing the public-at-large won't investigate the specious methodology) so that the right could make a circular reference to it, and give some 'scholarly weight' to their claim that the media is inexorably biased against them -- but such a claim is, in my mind, as equally unprovable as the conclusion reached by the researchers in the study themselves.