Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: KQ>>??

Speaking of the min. pf raise...I have noticed A LOT of people min. pf raising with AA or KK in EP in a full ring...idiots. I'm always cautious of those raises now, but I sure love seeing a cheap flop with QJ and making the straight. Then they cry when their set gets busted.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:14 PM

Just calling a raise with KQo or KQs is just asking for trouble.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wtf?

why would I do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's asking if you would CALL a min pf raise.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:20 PM

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

[ QUOTE ]
I never call a PFR with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you call a minirz with KQo?
Old 01-30-2005, 04:31 PM

Table is playing very loose preflop... most players are trying to just limp in and see a cheap flop, but will fold to a substantial PFR. Table is about to break apart as all games will be ending in 5 mins.

Villain in this hand had been playing TAG nearly all nite on our previous table before we were forced to combine tables. He has been tilting after losing 2 large pots in the past 1/2 hour, after being called down on the river and having to show 2 no-pair hands. Played very LAG on hands shown. Hero considers me a tight player from hands i had shown down in the past 3-4 hours of playing with him at a different table. [however, i'm not sure if he is in a state of mind to consider his opponents table image at this point... he came back to the table looking pretty baked about 1/2 hr ago following a 15 min 'smoke' break]

Hero (~$225) is MP w/ KQs. Nearly entire table limps to villain (~$600+) who makes it $20 to go. [Note standard open-raise in this game is $12-$15.] All folds to Hero, who calls; rest of the table folds.

Flop (~$55) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain Checks.

I figured the villain for a flop bet and planned to C/R the flop. Once that window closed, I planned to C/R the turn.

Turn (~$55) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain bets $25.

Your move? ... results to follow ...
Old 01-30-2005, 04:41 PM

I think you will have more success getting replies if you post this as a new thread.

Not sure, but given your description, I think I'm willing to go to the felt here.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once that window closed, I planned to C/R the turn.

Turn (~$55) K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero Checks. Villain bets $25.

Your move?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check/raise the turn.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm constantly amazed by how much more value you guys give to suited ness. I don't think that they being suited adds that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
Suited means everything. I play KQs like 78s.
I'm looking for a flush straight, or 2 pair.
If you play KQo and the flop comes: Q49r, it becomes easy to fall in the love with the hand, meanwhile your dominated by some guy with AQ. Very similar to hands like AJo A10o etc.
All crap. Aq is actually the only non suited hand I play (excluding PP)
Old 01-30-2005, 06:16 PM

What's your VPIP? 11%? How often do you see people limping AK/AQ? I don't see it too often. If I hit Kxx or Qxx I think it is a safe assumption that you have TPTK in an unraised pot. You are definitely losing value by not playing (or raising) KQ in many situations. Also, you're a mad rock so I am never giving you action.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your VPIP? 11%? How often do you see people limping AK/AQ? I don't see it too often. If I hit Kxx or Qxx I think it is a safe assumption that you have TPTK in an unraised pot. You are definitely losing value by not playing (or raising) KQ in many situations. Also, you're a mad rock so I am never giving you action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I play 22-AA Ako Aks Aqs Aq
Axs and any suited connector depending on my position and preflop action. This is full ring Games, not 6max.

Now if your talking about SNGs then I'd agree that Kq can be a monster hand late in the game when its 2-4 handed. Infact I took down a SNG with KQo a few days agos. But in a full ring cash game you should not be raising with KQo