Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 08:01 PM

Default how about a better version of \'gambling for a living\'?

lets face, the info in this title is pretty basic stuff and nowhere near the quality of other 2+" titles.

id love a book of tips and pointers for the more advanced gambler, someone who actually DOES make thier living in the broader field - rather than purely from poker.

if there is a book out there that does this, id love to hear about it also.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: how about a better version of \'gambling for a living\'?

GFAL, GT&OT, and GTBOI, together with the mathematical background to fully understand them, should be all the material you need to identify a "good" bet when you see one, and evaluate it in terms of acceptable risk to your bankroll. It's up to you to do the leg work and find those bets. FWIW, IMO, with the limits now available online, it will be hard to beat the EV of poker unless you not only find enough other good bets, but also can bet very high.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:14 AM

what i was looking for was not so much a book on the maths, which i already fully understand, but rather little tips and pointers from serious proffessional gamblers to help with the day to day problems that arise etc.
Old 06-24-2005, 08:48 AM

I know that you aren't looking for math help per se, but seem to be wanting advice on finding other positive EV gambling situations. Do you really expect another professinal gambler to share such opportunities which might be made less so by sharing information with others who act on those opportunities (I'm thinking here mainly of sports betting methodologies)? All you basically have apart from poker is sports betting, counting blackjack, prop bets, taking advantage of unwise promotions, and hustling games like golf, pool, backgammon, etc. There have been countless books and essays written on all of those, including in 2+2 books.