Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 02:00 PM

Default Posting in the Big Blind Position Behind a Button-Buyer

I'm called for the game and shown to seat 2. A hand is being played with the button in seat 8; seat 9 has the small blind and seat 1 is gone from the table, so seat 3 has the big blind.

The hand ends and seat 1 returns to the table as the button moves to seat 9. Seat 1 now says he will buy the button, which means he will post both a big and small blind. I decide to post UTG; I put up a big blind.

After the hand, the button moves to seat 1. I put up a small blind since I'm in the SB position. But seat 3 is now in the big blind position again.

What do we do?
Old 08-26-2004, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Posting in the Big Blind Position Behind a Button-Buyer

You're not supposed to be allowed to post between the button and the SB and BB. The second hand really screws everything up here.

In hand 2, the button should go to seat 9, SB to seat 3, and BB to seat 4. Next hand, button moves to seat 3, SB to seat 4, and BB to seat 5, with you posting a late postion blind and the returning player posting SB+BB.

After you way you played hand 2, the fairest thing would be making you the button, seat 3 the SB, and seat 4 for BB. That was everyone paid one BB.