Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Is B&M low limit waste of time?

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't played much low-limit poker in vegas have you? I played an 8 hour session of 3/6 at the MGM and I saw a pot folded without a showdown 5 times. If you are playing standard 20/10 poker, you are only seeing 3 flops in 10 at most... and you are not winning 1/3 of those against 5-6 callers. Now when you DO win the pots are nice.. but 10% is not realistic unless you are playing something like 60-70% of hands. (and then your winrate is crap because you are putting money in with the worst of it to often)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why exactly do we need to win 10% of pots? It's not uncommon in these games for me to go up $80-$100 in one pot and then fold for a good half hour. The pots that I do win are so juiced by the 80% VPIP'ers and their obliviousness to when someone is trapping the field (for instance, I can't tell you how many times people will call an EP turn bet, but then fold to LP's "convincing" raise, basically putting a whole BB of dead money in).