Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2004, 11:30 PM

Default This one made me pull my hair out...

Man, playing .25/.5 tables are Paradise is like beating up disabled monkeys, which is something I promised Jesus I would never do again.
I saw a guy bet with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a board of J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

They are like stupid children! You guys that don't have the BR for .5/1 yet, I cannot tell you what a goldmine these new Paradise tables are!

This hand has me taken aback of what to do:

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Greg is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, Greg completes, BB checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Greg caps</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Do you think I went a little crazy here. With this this many callers I consider this a bet for value.

River: (25.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Greg says "sh!t" and calls, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, Greg vomits, then moves his cursor over the call button and left-clicks.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB

HUGE pot.
Would Ed Miller tear my chest open and rip out my soul if I folded between two raisers on the river with this big of a pot? Flame away.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:49 PM

Default Re: This one made me pull my hair out...

Well, I'll toss in my 2 cents.

Preflop: Easy call.

Flop: No problems here.

Turn: I understand why you capped the betting. If I'm on your hand I'm sure praying that the spade lands or I think I'm in biiiiiig trouble.

River: Yep, I'm swearing right along with you. I think I'm beat, but I'm making the calls. Stinks being stuck with two raisers, but there isn't anything to be done about it that I can see unless you are going to fold. I just don't see any way for you to fold this hand at this point.

Others will probably have different views, but I don't see how you avoid this unless you are going to fold on the river to any bet and with a pot that size? It seems to me you have to call it. Of course, Ed's advice is only for a single raise so maybe it's ok with the two raises, but for a pot this size I have to see I think.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:51 PM

I wouldn't cap the turn and I would fold the river. Someone has a 5, someone has 2 pair, someone has a set.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:01 AM

preflop raise.

turn is a little too crazy, cuz you're not getting as much value as you think you're getting because of the possible holdings of your opponents

also you forgot to fold the river.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:17 AM

I raise pf, call the turn 3-bet, and check/fold the river. With all that turn action I have to think we're drawing to the flush, the whole flush, and nothing but the flush. I'm also not thrilled about seeing the 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] fall with the liklihood of sets afoot. So call it 8 outs to happiness. A cap would be thin value if everyone sees the river, but I won't lose sleep over the missed fraction if everything works out perfectly, and I'm happy to save the bet when it doesn't.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:12 AM

Raising pre-flop may have chased the 5s from the pot. Given the awakening on the turn and the number of players in the pot, someone has the straight. My guess is the BB.

Still, you're drawing to the nut flush. When the action is to you on the turn the first time, you're figuring to place a value bet (?). When the action comes to you the second time, the pot is laying 13.5:1 (it's late, please double check my numbers) and if you call, you can expect one more bet from the BB and two more from MP3. As a 4.75:1 dog to make the nuts, I think you should call (not raise) the turn.

But when you miss the flush on the river and are facing a raise and a reraise in front, you have to be very sure you're losing to a 5, or at least 2 pair. I think you definitely are. Fold.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:40 AM

Not related to your post but damn I just left paradise to move over to stars to play the .25/.50 tables which seem much tougher, and then paradise gets 10/20, 25.50, etc.

Thanks for posting this Greg cause now I can move back where the games were much better.

T.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:00 AM

Preflop: Greg is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, Button folds, Greg raises

I'm guessing someone with a 5 beat you.

-Sent
Old 08-28-2004, 06:31 AM

raise pf. I'd fold the turn when it's 2 back to you.

[edit]
I'm an idiot and missed the flush draw...ignore the man behind the curtain.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:22 AM

PF raise please.

The river is a fold, as many have said. you can't stand the heat.

Regards,
Pete Harris