Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-21-2005, 04:57 PM

Default I still have trouble when I get 3-bet

I have an irrational fear of being weak-tight and my defense mechanism for this is to go into super passive calling mode for better or for worse. Here are two 15/30 hands from last night:

Hand #1:
8-handed, folded to me in the CO and I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. My image at his table is utter [censored]. I have been getting a nice stream of premium hands pre-flop but have not shown down any winners in a while. I get 3-bet by the button who is not aggro but is probably sick of me raising and might be coming after me light.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I check and call.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check and call.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I check and the BB bets.... ugg.

I beat nothing at this point. Easy fold without a good read?

Hand #2
Same game, next orbit, I open in the CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and get 3-bet by the BB who seems like a reasonable player but again might be sick of my raise-fest which appears to be full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets, I call.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB bets....

Just fold the flop? That doesn't seem right, but I might have 0-3 outs. Raising the turn would be nice in a perfect world but my image is such crap that I think the odds of me getting AK/AQ to fold is zero. Easy muck on the turn? Pot is kind of small and all that.

Ugg. I hate getting 3-bet pre-flop. That throws me off more than anything else for some reason.

Thanks in advance,
-tpir

addendum: B Dibs has suggested to me in private that I might be over-thinking my image and I would like to concede that this might be true... but my PFR was seriously like 40% for a few orbits.