Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: A conversation I overheard

well i have family that is living with me right now and they are happy b/c it has been the first motivation in their miserable life for them to move out of there hell hole existence.

"yeah, we love dallas we might move here!"

us: "ummm, and exactly how are you going to do that living off of just your evacuee check?"
Old 10-06-2005, 04:10 PM

Some Christian nut wrote into my local paper saying the hurricane hit New Orleans because the gays there were planning a pride march...doesn't bode well for my town cos we're gonna have one soon!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:12 PM

Jerusalem is a hole. Allah must be dancing.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I only had 1-2 tables going, so I had a bit of free time to mull around trying to look useful."

it took me a minute to realize you work in a restaurant. i was jealous, like man this guy can play at work, way better than rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol I was thinking the same thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait what? He wasn't playing? Sort of takes some of the shine of the story.

I actually think you are strange for not knowing that there are people who believe these things. I'm thinking WTF there are actually people who don't know about this stuff? As it is I suspect you did know but wanted to pass along your experience, which is fine too.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some Christian nut wrote into my local paper saying the hurricane hit New Orleans because the gays there were planning a pride march...doesn't bode well for my town cos we're gonna have one soon!

[/ QUOTE ]

There was a Christian preacher that put forth this theory originally. They talked about it on the Daily Show. Turns out the march was going to be through the French Quarter...which is just about the only part of New Orleans that wasn't severely damaged by the hurricane.

Apparently God hates people who live *adjacent* to gay pride marches.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:40 PM

[quote i was jealous, like man this guy can play at work, way better than rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I 4-table most of the day at work. It's good to be the king.

Include my regular paycheck (not too shabby) rakeback and bonuses in that, and I feel like a double-dipping 'gubmint' employee.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:44 PM

if you want to see a real scumbag check out www.godhatesfags.com. he's dedicated his life to his mission. he runs a "church" and his members consist of his extended family.

he rejoices over the destruction of the hurricane. randomly pickets military funerals to protest military policies. celebrates homosexuals' deaths and mocks their lives. he's a real sweetheart.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:36 PM

Maybe it was God's punishment for us not whacking Chavez.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear a lot of conversations going on at work. 98% of them I ignore, since I generally have better stuff to do than to listen to some random people talking about their day.

This one caught my attention though. I only had 1-2 tables going, so I had a bit of free time to mull around trying to look useful. At one of the bar tables, I hear a lady saying "But New Orleans has always been wicked." My ears perked up for a second, and a man proceeded to respond "well, that's why God flooded them off the earth."

I just stood there for a second, watching this group of 6 people around this bar table sit there with serious looks on their faces while talking about the "wicked New Orleans" getting smote off the earth by their god. I couldn't believe the nerve of these people and their self-rightous attitudes.

So what the hell? Do other people really think like this? Absolutely appalling.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. God clearly said fire next time.

For the information of the clueless bigots, the neighborhoods where most gays live (French Quarter, Marigny, Bywater) came through just fine. The neighborhoods of the upstanding middleclass church-going families were destroyed (all along the lakefront).
Old 10-06-2005, 06:26 PM

I listen to the old Art Bell show during my break at work at night. George Noory (the new host) had a voodoo princess on who claims voodoo gods wiped out NO to punish a renegade voodoo priest. Basically a voodoo version of the same thing these others are saying.