Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Re: RVP EXPERT SERIES

For you to have lost with those many hands and make it to the top 2nd must mean you had incredible luck. Especially if u didn't slow play them. That means you made good sized bets with them. I don't know if you were all in preflop or if u decided to fold them on the flop, but making good sized bets with them means that those bets would have made good sized dent in your chip stack. I don't know the duration of your tourney maybe it was one where it's a couple of thousand that 10 hands would not kill you. If it was many other players i'd think that one or two of those bad beats would end yoru tournament. Maybe you gave a couple of people some bad beats where you made an untouchable lead.
I know that i was playing a PS tourney with about 1400 people. There were about 300 people left. I was about 10th place. I went in with JJ vs 55 all in preflop. Lost to his sets. one hand goes by. Then i get KK. all in preflop. KK vs QQ. He gets his sets. I lose again. This basically crippled my stack and i didn't have much chips to play with. So i don't know how you could take so many beats with them and still win. Unless you had some incredible luck to sustain you for your beats. All the beats were heads up so i know that they were not coin flips involved. It was and 80% chance that i'd win on both occasions.