Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: QQ on Interesting Turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to call and bet most rivers.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this a good plan as you should pick up extra money from UTG who appears to not have a K. I suggested a 3-bet on the turn for this reason, but thinking about it a little more I like this plan better as you encourage this guy to call with a wider range.

OTOH though, it would be really sexy if you 3-bet promotion raise the turn, forcing out a better hand from UTG while getting all in against a guy trying to get his money in on a long shot. This is probably wishful thinking, but maybe, just maybe.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. This would be fine but I don;t think you ever get UTG to fold a better hand since he is closing the action and getting approximately 7:1 or so on the call (only about 4:1 on the call down though).

I think however that the best strategy is to call turn, bet river. That way you get more bets when you beat UTG, raising turn is spewing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

True