Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Re: BB with AK

[ QUOTE ]
I guess the gods are getting even with me over my AT suckout. There is a limp, then a raise to 300 by the table chip leader. Loose cannon goes all-in for his last 375, and when it gets to me I push all-in for 1875. Big stack folds and I get to play for a 1200 chip pot risking only 375. He has 99 and I don't improve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What did you have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to guess AK.
Old 09-18-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: and inevitably....out - x2

Sounds like we played equally crap today David, I lost interest early and started making silly plays. Then I tried to sort myself out and ended up playing too tight. Pushed some crap into AKs and JJ on the last hand.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:00 PM

Default Re: BB with AK

AK, it's in the title
Old 09-18-2004, 09:04 PM

I can't explain my play at all today. No patience. I think playing just 1 table left me less patient too, but no doubt my poor tournament run over the last 3 weeks is wearing on me. I dropped over 2K in tournaments alone this week (Including today). I limped with hands saying to myself I can fold if raised, then I'd get raised and attack.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No patience. I think playing just 1 table left me less patient too, but no doubt my poor tournament run over the last 3 weeks is wearing on me. I dropped over 2K in tournaments alone this week (Including today). I limped with hands saying to myself I can fold if raised, then I'd get raised and attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same as me, I have been 6-8 tabling recently but I wanted to have a good crack at this one, and played nothing else. 20 minutes into it I was just fed up and bored with it.

It makes no sense either as I'd been looking forward to this one for a few weeks.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:38 PM

I'm with you.

At least I learned my lesson. I entered an EMpire $50 at 9:00 and at 9:15 I raised 4 limpers from the button with AQ. The 3rd limper came back over the top all-in. I cleverly deduced that he wouldn't limp behind 2 others with a big pair, so I was a coin toss at worst and possibly a big favorite so I called. He had KK. another lovely performance.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:43 PM

Hope you guys do well. I didn't take advantage of that promotional code to get an entry when I signed up w/ Party.

This is OT, but do you live in the Atlanta area JDanz? Happen to know a person with that nickname IRL [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Re: The Official Party Million Guaranteed Thread

sucks got out 240...Didn't get any great cards to play with. During the whole tournament the hands didn't really come for me. I had AK twice. AJ twice. Highest pocket pair i had was 99 near the end of my tourney where i couldn't play them because of a double reraise. then i had 66, 44, 22. Thats about the only hands i had to play with. In the end i had push with Ac 8c and was beaten by a K 10. the cards were A, K, Q, J, x. Beat by a straight oh well. I was short stack throughout the whole tournament couldn't get it up above 3000 in chip except once i had maybe 3400 in chips. Pisses me off when i can't get any good hands in a tourney.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: The Official Party Million Guaranteed Thread

Did anyone take notice of the big stack over 10k in chips in less than 30 mins into the tournament. He had 10 to 1 lead over his whole table. I forgot his id. Anyone remember? I wonder if he made it to the final table. Highly doubtful, but if anyone remembers his id i would like to know.I'd just like to see where he placed.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:34 PM

nah man, i'm from jerzey, but good to know someone is bogarting my name.

-JDanz (Jersey Style)