Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:19 PM

Default What would you do?

This hand just happend in the 10+1 on Pokerstars. Anyone play this hand differently? Reads on villian is laggy and likes to throw the chips around early.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter

MP3 (t2670)
CO (t2000)
Button (t1610)
SB (t870)
BB (t1470)
UTG (t930)
UTG+1 (t1990)
MP1 (t700)
Hero (t1250)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t20, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t80.

Flop: (t230) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t240</font>, UTG+1 calls t120.

Turn: (t710) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t1650 (All-In)</font>, Hero ????

Anyone have an idea of the proper play here?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

don't like the flop line... could either call to see if he checks to you on the turn, or raise bigger.. but the minraise doesnt work.

then on the turn, fold.. you're probably beat.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:40 PM

anyone else?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:01 PM

Since no one is biting I'll go on and post results.

I called and Villian showed Qd5d and i took down pot w/ A high
Old 09-20-2005, 09:10 PM

That's why you should have raised more on the flop. If you put him on a draw, then you're giving him the right odds to play it by min-raising. As it turns out, he was actually ahead of you on the flop, so it's sort of like you sucked out on him here. Even on the turn he had the right odds to put all his money in there and see the river.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:14 PM

I agree with Exit.

You need to raise more on the flop to have any chance of folding UTG on the flop or freezing UTG on the turn. It's a little curious that he's led at you. Either way, he's not folding any draw worth betting, getting ~5 to 1 for the turn. I think UTG suspects you are a bit weak.

On the turn, you don't have anything. Fold. I wouldn't be surprised to see A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG might not have anything but why commit anymore chips to this pot.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:19 PM

Why did you call? Or more clearly, why did you play this hand the way you did?
Old 09-20-2005, 09:34 PM

Preflop: Raised to 100 b/c I honestly felt this early in tourney i could get a caller and have a good edge going into the flop.

Flop: With this size flop bet I really put villian on either possible continuation bet assuming he didnt pair that flop and flush draw, but wanted to see his reaction to a min raise. If he reraised to the min raise then I fold, if the call happens I assume flush draw, from this specific player, this early in the tourney people love calling w/ any two suited cards. I believe if he somehow flopped two pair or something like that w/ this board he would have protected.

Turn: I told myself on flop that if flush hits the turn it is a simple fold. Knowing this player showed a propensity to be loose and show down weak hands (every hand, 3) I somewhat expected the turn push and realized the possibility that he may have a 10 w/ his draw, but I just called in hope that was not the case. It wasnt that likely that he did have the 10 there, so I pushed my odds and called.

The river turned out to be a Jack of hearts and it felt good to be right.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:00 PM

drop it like it's hot....