Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 04:34 AM

Default Hands for review

Let me know how you would have played out these hands if you were in the same position. The came from overly loose and passive tables (what you'd expect at $.5/1), and no real reads other then that at the time of play.

Hand 1 -
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Hand 2 -
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">6 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Hand 3 -
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (15 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB
Old 11-26-2004, 04:40 AM

Default Re: Hands for review

i would have bought and read small stakes hold'em pf
Old 11-26-2004, 06:31 AM

welcome to the forum

hand 1: i think this is way outta line, i'll fold KTo in early postion without blinking, raising it here is bad. and it only gets worse after the flop

hand 2: again ATo is whack in early position and should usually be mucked, raising it here is bad news.

hand 3: you've been stop-n-goed 3 times. makes me hesitate a bit, but i don't mind this hand, i may just call this river depending on bb read.

the reason you got the response you did is because these hands are somewhat basic. If you haven't done any reading i suggest you stop by the books and software forum and browse around for suggestions. read up and keep posting hands (in individual threads) and you'll beef up your game in no time.

fairness: dude you suck. seriously, what is the point of making a post like that. I hate to make a post getting in someone's sh*t, but cut it out. I've seen you in a couple of spots acting like a dick responding to someone's sincere question, and then i see this response and the very cute "stop posting multiple hands" thread. stfu and be humble and help people and get helped. being a smartass when someone is obviously just beginning (as a poster or a player) is so weak and doesn't score points with anyone.

/end rant
Old 11-26-2004, 10:38 AM

About hand 2: I think that ATo is an OK hand to play from early position in a passive game. You don't want to be raising it, but you've got a good chance to end up with TPGK (or better), an inside straight draw, and maybe even a backdoor nut flush draw.

I think it's worth a limp in passive games where there is a good chance the pot won't be raised preflop and where the other players will pay you off when you make a hand.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:57 AM

Just because the table is overly loose doesn't mean you should be too. Being conservative and disciplined is the key element to successful preflop strategy. Raise only your premium holdings, muck the marginal ones. Most succesful players play &lt; 20% of their hands when not in the blinds.

The reason why you were told to read some hold'em books is that any of the books on hold 'em have extensive advice on preflop starting hand requirements. They should be adhered to rather strictly when you are just beginning to take study of the game seriously. One of the key elements of these hand requirements is position relative to the dealer button. When you play K10o and A10o in early position you are playin too loose (unless you are unbelievably good postflop) You probably shouldn't play k10o except in the blinds until you become a very good player. It's one of the tougher hands to play well and will probably lose money for you. It looks tantalizing with both cards being high in value but it often makes costly 2nd best hands (the same could easiy be said for A10o.) Most of the high card offsuit holdings should be mucked in early position. If these hands were suited they would probably be worth playing.

First off I would be surprised if any of your hands won.

Hand 1: You should have folded on every street. The flop missed you leaving you with only one overcard and someone bet into you after you raised preflop. You have nothing and no real draws get out!

Hand 2: Other then the loose preflop call this is fine.

Hand 3: Call down instead of raising on the turn and river. The stop n go's make me think your overpair is behind 2 pair or better. Try to look at the betting action and figure out what the other player is saying he has in his hand. Don't make the common mistake of assuming its always a bluff.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:58 PM

What Fairness assumes (me not reading SSHE) is wrong. Although, I've only just finished reading that in the past day and these hands all came from before I got very far through the book.

I thought K10 was an OK hand to play, but I recently realized by myself (a few minutes after I posted) that it's not. Consider that leak fixed. As for ATo, I'll try and fix my strategy. I'll have to review the preflop table in SSHE a little more.

As for results, I lost all three hands. The third one was the only real surprise(?) with pockets 6s.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:59 PM

Your icon is kinda freaking me out a little.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Hand 1: Fold PF
Hand 2: Fold PF
Hand 3: Fine, but i'm calling down from the turn.