Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Poorly played $5/10 hand

[ QUOTE ]
Well for most people I play against I usually assume they aren't 8-tabling and are paying attention to who they are playing against, I don't think that people over-analyze a hand like this, just most people play with reads.

Malone

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO you are giving your opponents too much credit. Maybe that's naive thinking on my part, but if there are so many losing players out there (85%?), I highly doubt MOST opponents have good reads on ALL their opponents. Either that, or they just have NO clue how to use reads (eg. this player plays too loose! but omg what do I do?)
Old 09-08-2005, 12:21 PM

don't fall for a LAG playesr trap. lag people play that way speciically for this situation so they get people with no disciplien to pay them off fold the river.

whynot just lead the river though? what could he "takea shot with" exactly? he called the turn he has something.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:22 PM

btw, i try reading the hand history too closely to analyze what this dude has. when someone makes a big overbet though, they have it, unless you know otherwise fold.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
don't fall for a LAG playesr trap. lag people play that way speciically for this situation so they get people with no disciplien to pay them off fold the river.

whynot just lead the river though? what could he "takea shot with" exactly? he called the turn he has something.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I lead the the river for a pot sized bet, and he raises me all in, does this make my river fold any easier?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So I lead the the river for a pot sized bet, and he raises me all in, does this make my river fold any easier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Blocking bet?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO you are giving your opponents too much credit. Maybe that's naive thinking on my part, but if there are so many losing players out there (85%?), I highly doubt MOST opponents have good reads on ALL their opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying that, I'm saying you are probably giving up alot of $$$ by playing without reads on your opponents. Maybe playing well without reads at 8 tables may ofset this, who knows....just my thoughts.

Malone
Old 09-08-2005, 02:16 PM

Most hands just play themselves out 8 tabling. He just plays them in his style that he developed. And I bet there not all short handed, prob. a couple full tables in there which he prob. could auto pilot in.

On a side note, he tried to play me heads up yesterday but got scared [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Guess to many tables.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think he was suggesting you bet out here cause it makes folding easier if you get raised. i think the point was that there is value in a bet the many times you are winning and not much value in inducing a bluff.