Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2004, 01:12 PM

Default how would you have played this set of 10s?

I can't figure out if I played this hand well, and if not, what I should have done differently. The opponents were fairly LAGish, often raising with low suited connectors and that sort of thing. Comments would be very welcome!

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (19 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (27 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 27 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 27 BB, between UTG, MP1, Hero and SB.</font>
Old 11-26-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: how would you have played this set of 10s?

preflop looks good, flop looks good. i'd probably try and get another raise in on the turn with UTG and mp1 still hanging around. i guess checking it through on the river is ok given that the flush came in, you're up against 3 opponents and 2 have just been calling the whole way. anyone bet this river?
Old 11-26-2004, 01:27 PM

Welcome to the forums.

Depending on who UTG is, I generally don't re-raise TT in that spot. I'll just smooth call. Re-raising can't be very wrong tho, if it is wrong at all.

Raise the turn, bet the river. You have the best hand very often.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:27 PM

On the flop, I like the cap, but another line may be just to call so that SB will lead the betting on the turn, allowing you to raise him then and get more money into the pot. As it is, I would have 3 bet the turn. I dont think SB is likely to cap it with KJ, although QQ or AA are possibilities. Unless the other two guys in the hand are VERY passive, then I think you are ahead here often enough to go ahead and 3 bet it. If he caps, I would just call a river bet. If he just calls your 3 bet, I would go ahead and bet the river.

On the river, the diamond scares you, but when everyone checks, I think I would go ahead and bet it again. On the other hand, there are already 27BB in the pot, and a bet will only gain you one to three more, but will cost you two more when you are CRed and lose to a flush, so I am not sure if a river bet is right or not. I will be interested to see what others would do.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:29 PM

After the turn checkraise and given the overall aggression of the hand, I was afraid of pocket queens or aces. UTG did turn out to have pocket queens.
Old 11-26-2004, 05:52 PM

Preflop: Great
Flop: Great
Turn: Fine, I would probably have 3 bet that turn. I could understand how you could put SB on a set of Queens or Aces, but you should 3 bet because you he will more often not have a set.
River: Great, I would check on the end too. I would be afraid.

Cheers,
Pots