Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Re: AA against major lag

Your LRR amount sucks. Your defining your hand out of position at a decent price. Maybe this guy won't be able to take advantage of that, but even most donks know what a limp-reraise means. If you are going to do this make it like 25. 20 is a pot sized raise here, but your OOP and against someone who calls way to much. Charge him a premium to play. When these guys run good, which the 224 stack implies they'll still call for 25.

And no I wouldn't put him on a 9. How could you do that? You bet before he had a chance to react to the 2nd 9. Against a 70/30 you can't just assume that they have whatever hand crushes you at any given point.

Post flop, I don't know. How does the guy play. If he is crazy post flop I might just c/r all in on the flop. Otherwise bet flop bet turn as you did. Playing guys like this is high variance, but your overlay is huge. A big pair like AA is worth a 100bb stack in most situations.