Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:33 AM

Default Misplayed TT

This was the hand. No reads on the table yet.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

At this point I think I may be behind an overpair.

Turn: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, Button calls.

When UTG bets into me after being raised the previous round, I am really worried. I think he may have flopped two pair or something to be able to bet into a raiser and re-raiser. So I fold here.

River: (13.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

And then I see the results. Puke! How could I have played this hand differently
Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 7h Ah (two pair, sevens and twos).
Button has 9h 9s (two pair, nines and twos).
Outcome: Button wins 15.75 BB. </font>
Old 07-20-2005, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Misplayed TT

This would be easier with reads. It looks like UTG is bluff-representing that 2, so I wouldn't worry about him too much. I'd actually consider calling down with reads of aggressiveness by the PFR. He could have 99 and 88 too, or maybe a flush draw or two high cards.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:41 AM

I agree. Waiting on my product key(just bought pokertracker). It can't get here soon enough!
Old 07-20-2005, 03:39 AM

Hi,

Your right, it was badly played. Cap preflop, cap the flop, you sucked out on two pair on the turn so raise again. *only* then can you fold your tens if you get 3 bet.

Later,
MarkV.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:07 AM

Do not post the results to the hand because they will skew the responses that you get.

Also, you said "I think he may have flopped two pair or something to be able to bet into a raiser and re-raiser. So I fold here."

If UTG limped with 76 and flopped two pair, you're ahead of him on the turn. I understand that you were still stuck between him and the button and that's a tough spot, but it's very unlikely that he has a hand that beats you. What would he limp UTG with and bet the flop that improved on the turn? 62?

Your only concern in the hand is the button. You may want to cap the flop here. Since you have no reads it's hard to say, but the button might be an aggressive player capable of 3-betting 88/99 or AK/AQ (especially if it's spades). Since you didn't cap the flop, a turn raise would be good for putting pressure on overcards. However, I can't really fault you for your play since there aren't many players at 2/4 that are that aggressive. You just use the info you gained in this hand next time.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Your right, it was badly played. Cap preflop, cap the flop, you sucked out on two pair on the turn so raise again. *only* then can you fold your tens if you get 3 bet.

Later,
MarkV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capping preflop and capping the flop would be super spew w/o a read.

I call down at the turn, unless its 2 to me
Old 07-20-2005, 06:43 AM

Without reads you are in really bad spot after UTG bets turn. Stuck between two raisers folding is considerable option. I pretty seldom see this aggressive play in Party 2/4 $ with marginal hands.

I do not think you made really bad play. It is close decision between folding and calling down. Against solid players I would have folded. Against donks I would have called down.

As long as I have no reads I consider every player as solid.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Later,
MarkV.

[/ QUOTE ]

your advice is terrible.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads you are in really bad spot after UTG bets turn. Stuck between two raisers folding is considerable option. I pretty seldom see this aggressive play in Party 2/4 $ with marginal hands.

I do not think you made really bad play. It is close decision between folding and calling down. Against solid players I would have folded. Against donks I would have called down.

As long as I have no reads I consider every player as solid.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty much my thoughts.

i consider everybody as slightly loose passive before having reads (what leads to the same conclusion in this situation).
Old 07-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Hi,

TT is a capping hand preflop because there are only *4* hands better then it preflop. There are no monsters under the bed.

EVEN if you get raised on the flop, there quiet a few hands that will raise there due to it being a 7 high flop AND it having a two flush on it.

And if this pot is to big to not put in two more BB to see a showdown, its worth the extra BB to raise the turn to see what LP guy does because if you just call you could be whipsawed or raised anyways and have to pay the 3BB to see a showdown everyone seems so commited too.

Raise the turn and fold if its 3 bet. Just calling the turn bet is weak and gives to many hands cheap draws. Here is an explination as to why.

Anyhand that raises your 3 bet has you beat and would have raised you anyways if you'd just called and then they would have bet the river. So you pay 3BB to see a showdown and lose.

Yes, better hands will call your turn raise and then call your river bet, but if there is *any* chance of getting JJ/TT/AK/AQ to fold the turn you *must* take it. Getting AK/AQ to fold the turn in this huge pot is a huge win as is making them pay 2BB to see a river.

You bet then bet river. Yes, TT/JJ/QQ/KK/AA that wussed out may still call, but worse hands will call, its 2/4 after all, and a better hand may fold. Its unlikely an over pair to your ten folds, but If you cap preflop/flop/raise the turn/bet the river/ There is a remote chance they fold. And you PAY the same amount to see a showdown while extracting more from the worse hands.

Later,
MarkV.