Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Slow Play ok on turn

That flop check is very risky. You were the only player to show any aggression at all PF or flop, and I think you're lucky this didn't get checked through.

The river might be ok with CO betting the turn, but I think you still have to lead out on this every time.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:04 AM

Turn: First off I bet out, your read on the table basically says they are more than likely not going to bet. Why risk losing those bets? But if you do check, I think I checkraise the turn. You got what you want, both players put a BB in the ring, now try and get them to put another one in, if they do great, if they don't you win a pot.

Check raise on the river is really risky just like the turn. I think I have to bet into him on this one. Based on your read you misplayed it. Based on the results you did great.

EDIT: Thought I would add this:

Not sure if this is what you intended but could be what a a player is thinking against you, Betting the flop and checking when a card that made the flush looks as if you have top pair like Jacks or an overpair and then get scared at the flush. This could cause a player with a not nut flush to bet. I just don't think you can expect the CO to have made a flush at that point and bet it for you. What if he called with Jacks on the flop and then was scared by the flush? You aren't going to really win the bets anyway, so in the long run betting out might still be the best play.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:01 AM

this is gross....bet the turn and bet the river. why wouldn't you raise this turn when you got exactly what you wanted? everyone's gonna call one more back to them. you're slowplaying a flush - boats can overtake those quite quickly.