Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Q6s from SB with a few questions

I've been feeling kinda rotten about my game lately. It's been pretty stagnant - but hey that's how it goes. I've always had trouble breaking out of a weak-tight mentality when it comes to marginal hands, so I'm trying to change that. I'm not really sure what to do with this hand so I'm posting it along with my thoughts.

I don't know much about BB and UTG - just that they were definitely not good players. Loose and passive overall though. CO was really loose preflop and of average aggression postflop, maybe at tad too aggressive trying to get tricky sometimes.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks. ok first off is this pf complete bad? I think it's ok but please speak if you think otherwise

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

[i]what's your plan for the flop? is betting out bad? when CO bets I still feel there is a good chance I'm ahead in this small pot. raising seemed like the best option because it might drive the middle two out (protecting, though it's a small pot)

Turn: (6 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO folds.

turn i think is pretty standard

River: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

how is betting this river? is it better to check and call one? it's obviously an easy fold when it's two back to me, but i think it's still an easy fold only being one back to me - though I'd like opinions

Final Pot: 16 BB
Old 05-27-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Q6s from SB with a few questions

nh. I think a checkraise is fine on the flop with four opponents as you'd really like the chance to face some of them with two cold to knock out gutshots and what not, but against 3 or fewer opponents I would simply bet out.