Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 09:42 PM

Default AKo river decision

Here's one I thought was sorta interesting.

I had been at the table for a good half hour or so. The table was a mix of mostly weak tight players with a few really really bad loose-passives. UTG in this hand has played a very ABC-weak tight game so far. No tricks, no surprises from him. UTG+1 is one of the really bad loose passives. call call call his motto is. His cold call is very standard and does not concern me in the least (I think he's seen about 85% flops so far). BB is very new (this might have been his first hand, I can't remember - but in any case I don't know anything about him.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, BB folds, Hero calls. Based on the range of hands I put him on, my plan now was to check-fold the turn UI

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.
weird

River: (6.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero..?
Old 05-10-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Re: AKo river decision

6 max 10 handed?

I think I check/call...i think he was on a flush draw and wont fold anything that beats you but might bluff something you beat...
Old 05-10-2005, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 max 10 handed?

I think I check/call...i think he was on a flush draw and wont fold anything that beats you but might bluff something you beat...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the converter has some guff about that. it was 10 handed. I've edited it.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreeance.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:00 AM

Otay.

I checked (with the intention of I'm not sure what, but I think calling is good) and he checked behind. He took it down with TT (and I pride myself on my good hand read, as that was one of the few hands I had him on)