Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM

Default So I bet this guy at work......

$200 that the Sox would beat the Astros in the World Series, even though the Astros aren't even in yet.

He's a HUGE Astros fan and was bragging that the Astros would beat the Sox IF they made it to the Series. So I offered him a $500 bet at first, which he turned down, but finally agreed to $200 straight up IF the Astros go to the Series.

I figured I'm goot on this one since IF they make it to the series, the Sox are rested as being a better team. Agree?
Old 10-19-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: So I bet this guy at work......

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$200 that the Sox would beat the Astros in the World Series, even though the Astros aren't even in yet.

He's a HUGE Astros fan and was bragging that the Astros would beat the Sox IF they made it to the Series. So I offered him a $500 bet at first, which he turned down, but finally agreed to $200 straight up IF the Astros go to the Series.

I figured I'm goot on this one since IF they make it to the series, the Sox are rested as being a better team. Agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a second there I thought that I'd clicked on "Sports".

Nope, I'm definitely in OOT.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:27 PM

Its a good bet technically cause the sox will be a favorite if the astros make it. So you got better odds than making a normal bet.

That being said the Astros are gonna whip the Sox and I will be all over the money line before the series starts.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:33 PM

nah sox will rip the astros, i think the sox starting pitching is better honestly, but if you call that a wash, then the sox have them beat in every part of the lineup
Old 10-19-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nah sox will rip the astros, i think the sox starting pitching is better honestly, but if you call that a wash, then the sox have them beat in every part of the lineup

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you cant even name a trio better than Oswalt,Clemens and Pettite, I wouldn't be surprised if the Astros sweep the Sox.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you cant even name a trio better than Oswalt,Clemens and Pettite, I wouldn't be surprised if the Astros sweep the Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the guys that threw 4 straight complete games in the ALCS? I hear they're pretty good.