Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: 80 pf question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ive seen him make near expert plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thanks for the eval, champ.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf. fine, you think im a duche. but c'mon, i see a damn good play when i see a damn good play. im not saying that i am an expert, just that i can recognize a great play. you dont need to make a post like that in response to an honest opinion.

how about trying : "you may have overestimated his abilities." or "be careful what you call expert b/c what is to you may not be to the "real" experts like ray etc.."

no, you have to be a douche right back.

thanks.

Barron
Old 08-30-2005, 09:34 PM

Don't speak to the twoplustwo captain like that. He's the absolute apex of intelligence and wisdom. Just ask him, he'll tell you.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, wtf. fine, you think im a duche. but c'mon, i see a damn good play when i see a damn good play. im not saying that i am an expert, just that i can recognize a great play. you dont need to make a post like that in response to an honest opinion.

how about trying : "you may have overestimated his abilities." or "be careful what you call expert b/c what is to you may not be to the "real" experts like ray etc.."

thanks.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you've seen him make "near expert" plays. Please explain to me what plays you saw that were "near expert" and how you distinguished them from "expert" plays. Thanks.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

You said you've seen him make "near expert" plays. Please explain to me what plays you saw that were "near expert" and how you distinguished them from "expert" plays. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

plays like checkraising the turn OOP w/ 2nd best hand to get a tight MP squeezed between gus & fish to fold a hand that beats both so that gus gets to SD vs. the fish HU.

this kind of play is a separator imo between a good player and a great player, but not one that is necessarily expert because it can be arrived at by deduction and not necessarily multilevel + mathematical analysis that encompases what i would consider expert play. therefore, that particular play is "near expert" imo.

clearly i can be wrong b/c thats just my opinion.

-Barron
Old 08-30-2005, 03:44 PM

can i ask what 30/20/2 means?? what does each number represent

is 18/11/2.5 the perfect player??
Old 08-30-2005, 05:29 PM

VPIP/PFR/AF

See here for info on each.

section 3 about stats
Old 08-30-2005, 08:20 PM

see my other post, he was playing real laggy and cardnial was 3 betting him with all types of [censored]. i think i may have even undersold how laggy they were playing at this time. gus was killing the game, getting at least a little lucky, winning a huge percentage of the post and most of the big ones he played. so i think he was trying to use this as momentum to totally run over the game, and it just ogt laggier and laggier.
dave
Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
80-160 on UB I have ATo in the BB,
folded to a laggy button, gus hasen i think, who raises. sb 3 bets, sb is laggy on all streets the way ub players are, but prolly just a a bit better on all streets than most of the regs. so that is too say good, but too loose and agg.
so, i have ATo what is your standard move?
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a fold or cap situation . I would cap generally unless I had a good reason not to.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 PM

what is gus hansen's screen name on UB, or any other famous players on ub?
thx
Old 08-31-2005, 03:56 PM

What the hell is going on here?

Did a collective bug crawl up all of your asses or is this some elaborate multi-person joke?

You guys are getting on a guy for some minor/debateable words. One person's view of an expert play is another persons routine play is another person's fishy play. Who gives a [censored]. The point he was trying to make is gus is playing good limit holdem. I played quite a bit with him a few months ago and he was mediocre at best. Whether he's making 'near expert' (whatever that means anyhow) or expert plays doesn't really matter. He's making good plays. Don't get so cought up in the freaking language. It's pathetic.