Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Week 7 eagles line looks soft

The eagles line came out at -4 (at home vs. Chargers), and I really like the eagles in this spot. Coming off an embarassing performance and a bye week, you know they will be prepared and motivated.
I am not much of an expert, but this looks like one of the softest lines of the year so far to me. Anyone with more experience care to comment on this line?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Week 7 eagles line looks soft

It seems about right to me. The Eagles have lost two games to teams that aren't bad, but aren't great either. They're also highly regarded by the public. The bye week does help. I'd probably stay away.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:52 PM

i understand your reasoning, but San Diego has been playing very well lately. This line looks about right to me.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:55 PM

I tentatively like Philly in that as well, but not by a lot. The Chargers are a good road team.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:48 AM

im all over this - i didnt take it last week at 4.5 because i was hoping the chargers would blow out the raiders and lower the line this week... only half point but i'll take it - andy reid after a bye week, good times

you do have to watch out for tomlinson and gates though - but two huge wins for sd and then traveling cross country facing a rested eagles team, could be bad news - im on it at 4, not huge, not banroll buster, just on it... re evaluate later in the week as it moves
Old 10-17-2005, 06:03 PM

If your looking for good news to bet on the Birds this week note that Andy Reid is just 3-4 before the bye week (including losing 4 of the last 5, and last week to Dallas) and 6-0 after a bye week.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im all over this

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the presses! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im all over this

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop the presses! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, i actually laughed out loud at your post, nice one [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2005, 06:58 PM

The Eagles might be a good play, and your reasons for liking them are valid, and if it were a team they could push around coming in, I'd say lay all kinds of wood on it. But San Diego hasn't lost by more than 4 points all season (and they've played a tough schedule), and there's no reason to think they'll come out flat at all.

Parcells showed everyone the blueprint for beating the Eagles, and the Chargers have the kind of offense that can follow it perfectly.

Yes, home after a bye week is different than on the road vs. a division rival, but the Philly fans can turn on their team pretty quickly also. They can't run the ball at all. If SD gets out to an early lead, and LT starts getting off, the Chargers could easily control the game.

Definitely not a soft line.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM

The Eagles are probably still the class of the NFC but right now they have a great but dinged up QB, no running game and a suddenly suspect secondary. If San Diego can protect Brees from the Eagle blitzes(questionable), they stand a good chance of winning the game outright. I'm passing on this game until I see how Philly bounces back from the Dallas debacle of two weeks ago.