Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Those Uh-Oh Blinds

Im not sure WHAT to call them so I guess I will coin them as those "Uh-Oh Blinds"... I have been going thru a rough couple of days where I lost 3/4 of my bankroll and now in the last 16 hours have made up 2/3 of the loss BUT I have yet to hit an "Uh-Oh Blind hand" and so my question is of coourse what do do or am I playing these wisely.......

An "Uh-Oh Blind" is when you flop to your blind hand ( you got in for the minimum of course as Id never call a raise with it) when its some junk that you would never play normally! Like I just had a Jc-4c and the board came

8c-10c-7d

Normally I guess Id have to chance this being I have a gutshot (4 outs) a flush draw (9 outs) and an overcard that wouldnt prob help me at all but still its an overcard (3 outs) of course I am looking for a club but I will take the 9 before Id take a bust here but my position stinks AND the turn bet is raised..............??

I have been playing hands like this because the pots were ridiculously large BUT I never hit a one!! They repeatedly cost me decent money but am I to drop these hands or what?

I am getting close to 6-1 on my money so mathematically the play is Ok but its not when I just dont hit one and Im not getting a decent vibe at all. I know Ill even get the raise in if I could ever grab that last flush card so I play em but what do you guys think........??

Its amazing how when something is happening to you all of a sudden your not sure but if you were to ask me Id tell you if the odds are there just keep plugging away! : ) You have to play this game to win it right? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]