Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Re: 200 NL

Yeh, because Mr. 15/5 thinks his middle set is no good.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you suggesting to raise the flop to say, ~90? That basically commits my stack and always pays off the set. Anyone just fold the flop straight up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that if you plan to continue past the flop you are committing your stack to see the hand all the way through. That turn 6 does nothing for either of you and you folded to his bet there. If you think he has a set then you were drawing runner-runner and should have folded to the flop bet. Either give it up on the flop or make a raise/push if you think you are ahead. If you call, then you better have a plan to get to a showdown which will most likely involve an all-in.

All of this is read dependent, what do you think villain had? You were the one watching him play for 50 hands. Make a decision and stick with it. It you are wrong, well you just paid for a hand reading lesson. What I would do is not relevant, but I would probably fold unless I thought villain was capable of betting this with an under pair or air.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:00 PM

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 42-it.

You're getting good at this poker thing.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:03 PM

you can't fold every time a tight player leads into you after you raise PF, and raising the flop is pretty terrible. calling the flop is the best option IMO. we have position and can see what he does on the turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can't fold every time a tight player leads into you after you raise PF, and raising the flop is pretty terrible. calling the flop is the best option IMO. we have position and can see what he does on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with what you are saying. You can't let him run you over, but if this is athe first time in 50 hands.

I take issue with the see what he does on the turn. A great majority of the time this is a huge bet or a push. So calling the flop gets you nowhere. An A or K on the turn will cost you your entire stack.

What is your plan now that hero invested another $35 in the pot on the flop? If you are folding here then you just spewed $35 on the flop.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:44 PM

It's just TPTK.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's just TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

TPTK is pretty strong on this board.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:46 PM

I don't have much of a problem folding it against this guy.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your plan now that hero invested another $35 in the pot on the flop? If you are folding here then you just spewed $35 on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's spewed. if i call on the flop, it's with a plan to fold/call/raise if he leads again or bet/check if he checks.

we don't have enough information to make folding more attractive to me than calling. by calling and letting villain act on the turn we're getting more information that will hopefully make it possible for us to make the best decision.

also i disagree that he fires a second barrel the majority of the time, i think it's about 50/50 between him betting and checking.

btw, his turn overbet makes me think his hand is weaker rather than stronger.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think it's spewed. if i call on the flop, it's with a plan to fold/call/raise if he leads again or bet/check if he checks.

we don't have enough information to make folding more attractive to me than calling. by calling and letting villain act on the turn we're getting more information that will hopefully make it possible for us to make the best decision.

also i disagree that he fires a second barrel the majority of the time, i think it's about 50/50 between him betting and checking.

btw, his turn overbet makes me think his hand is weaker rather than stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this.

The only way a set plays like this is if he is a bad multi tabler who just shovels money in with a set, disregarding flop texture and relative position, and just hoping his opponents are bad enough to pay him off.

But when 15/5 guys play hands real fast, they are generally trying to push you out with a draw, or a strong but not great hand.

I'd be very tempted to look up the turn bet. If he bet a reasonable amount I'd be much more likely to drop it.