Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Seeking coach to review WSOP satellite HHs (will pay)

Tonight I decided to take a shot at a UB WSOP qualifier, having won a tournament entry chip and being unable to sell it for more than $90 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] . I think I played respectably considering the level of the competition and had an absolute blast. To make the experience even more worthwhile, I would like to find someone to *closely* review the hand histories from the tournament with me (about 170 of them) to help me plug the leaks in my game. Maybe not every hand needs discussion, but I'm looking for e-mail/phone/in-person back-and-forth, and not just a quick skim through and a couple of pointers. I'm willing to pay for this person's time as a lump sum (amount to be determined).

Please PM me if interested. If I don't recognize your handle I may ask for qualifications and references. Hope this doesn't come across as too uptight, I'm really an easygoing guy! Oh, and I'm in the NYC area but will be in Vegas from this Friday night through Monday, if that makes any difference.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:53 AM

Default clarification

burningyen-

Did you play 170 hands total or were there 170 hands that are worthy of review?

Generally speaking, less than 5% of hands played (and I really think it's much less than 5%, I'm just being conservative) are actually worth reviewing. Most hands/situations just play themselves.

If you want to review all the hands you played so that you can confirm that the read you acted on in hand #97 was correct based on the play in all previous hands, keep in mind that we make poker decisions based on the information we can recall at the time of the decision, not all available information.

Now that I think more about it, I guess you could review every single hand of a tournament with a coach in order to find out if your stealing and bluffing frequencies are close to optimal.

But, whatever the case may be, you might want to clarify why you want every single hand reviewed in advance so that your coach's fee can be calculated properly.

BTW- I'm not qualified to do the coaching, but I thought that I would be interested in knowing where you came up with "about 170" if I was a candidate for the job.

Later,
Che
Old 02-14-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: clarification

Why not just post some of the important hands here and get advice for free? As Mr. Che said...not many hands are going to be worth talking about.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Seeking coach to review WSOP satellite HHs (will pay)

Hi guys, thanks for the comments. There are about 175 hands total, including when I throw away 62o. I will certainly post the turning point hands of my tourney, but I also want someone to go over what I think are the run-of-the-mill hands to make sure I'm not missing something.