Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 12-26-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Good God

OK, I know I misplayed the river. My question is wtf was MP2 doing?

EDIT: Actually, I'm not so sure I misplayed the river.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 8d Kd (flush, king high).
MP2 has Ad 2c (high card, ace).
Hero has Kh Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 21 BB. </font>
Old 12-26-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Good God

He had top pair on the flop, I would gladly play to the turn. And then after seeing the turn, I too would continue to play with the second nut flush draw there. Why not? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for the ace-high guy, who knows what he was thinking...
Old 12-26-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Good God

[ QUOTE ]
He had top pair on the flop, I would gladly play to the turn. And then after seeing the turn, I too would continue to play with the second nut flush draw there. Why not? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for the ace-high guy, who knows what he was thinking...

[/ QUOTE ]

He was asking what ace-high guy (aka MP2) was thinking. We all understand SB.