Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 03-11-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Teachers ARE overpaid and lazy....

Liberals Pwned by Zaxx and evidence....Link below.

Background: I stated that the avg teachers salary in my home district(214) in the Suburbs of Chicago was 70-80k got flamed by some dufus monkeyass Commies.....talking about how I was full of crap and how the teachers are UNDERPAID.

You can apologize below liberals. http://www.thechampion.org/teach2000/teacheravgsal.asp

I provide a listing of all the suburban chicago area districts here. And in the same sight it explains the avg teacher TEACHES ABOUT 8 months of class a yr.

Oh BTW this is 5 years ago so add about 10% bc you know those greedy ass teachers are gonna get raises.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Teachers ARE overpaid and lazy....

I can't believe I voted for the same president as you. You are the scum of the earth. You're mischaracterizations of teachers absolutely astound me. Lazy? Please tell me why you think this. Is it because they "[TEACH] ABOUT 8 months of class a yr?" That site you listed doesn't say anything about the income being influenced by the summer school that most teachers teach. But, I won't go so far as to assume that would make them worthwhile full time employees in your eyes.

You do understand that their job involves more than just teaching too right? They grade all the assignments, plan all of their lessons and classes, and this is all done outside of work. And heaven forbid the teachers of Sangamon Roe district have an average salary of $23201. Those bastard Rockefellers and Carnegies have nothing on the teachers of Illinois.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stated that the avg teachers salary in my home district(214) in the Suburbs of Chicago was 70-80k

[/ QUOTE ]

Conveniently, the biased site to which you refer does NOT show

1) Median income for teachers in all districts
2) Mean income for teachers in all districts
3) Mean family income in each district

...you see where I'm going with this?

The site shows a top-heavy list of average salaries to inflame the passions of people incapable of critical thinking. It's propaganda -- well done propaganda -- but transparent nonetheless.

I pity you for being so easily subverted.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:53 PM

Oh some of them even worked a whole yr(Minus a billion vacation days)....oh my they might die of overexertion someone get them a stretcher immediately.

Look, the fact is I stated a fact, was flamed, now provide evidence of that fact and get flamed....

I dont know/care what you experience has been with High School teachers...I know mine were excellent for the most part and deserved decent pay. Did they deserve 110k(as one of my teachers made) to work 2/3rds of a yr.......ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh some of them even worked a whole yr(Minus a billion vacation days)....oh my they might die of overexertion someone get them a stretcher immediately.

Look, the fact is I stated a fact, was flamed, now provide evidence of that fact and get flamed....

I dont know/care what you experience has been with High School teachers...I know mine were excellent for the most part and deserved decent pay. Did they deserve 110k(as one of my teachers made) to work 2/3rds of a yr.......ABSOLUTELY NOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is lowering teacher salaries going to provide any incentive for excellent work?

Are you a communist?
Old 03-11-2005, 08:36 PM

Ditto. Scroll down, please. These statistics are 5 years old, so they are worthless.
[ QUOTE ]

Increase pay?? The avg HS teacher in my local district makes like 79k for working 2/3rds a yr plus an unparalleled pension plan..freeze their wages dont increase them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok, note that this is true. Also note that this is incredibly misleading, as we are pointing to a specific district within hundreds in a city, and hundred of thousands in the US.

Also note that your original quote included a pension plan, which is certainly worth a lot in a teacher's salary, subtracting that is a lot too.

I'd bet only 10% of schools on that list actually have an average 70k salary.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:39 PM

I don't think I could survive on a mere 100k a year.
Good thing I'm not a teacher.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stated that the avg teachers salary in my home district(214) in the Suburbs of Chicago was 70-80k got flamed by some dufus monkeyass Commies.....talking about how I was full of crap and how the teachers are UNDERPAID.

[/ QUOTE ]
You forgot to mention that the full name of your "home district in (214) is "Township High School District 214," that it's salaries are in the top 2% of salaries paid to teachers in suburban Chicago (with the average about half that), and that the equalized assessed property values per pupil average about half a million dollars, that your district has some of the highest rated high schools in the state (according to the Chicago Sun-Times link in your link).

You live in or near the affluent community of Mt. Prospect/Arlington Heights. Most of your neighbors want much better than average schools and therefore pay for them. Your inference that teachers generally are therefore "overpaid and lazy" makes you very much, like most conservative bellyachers, "full of crap."
Old 03-11-2005, 08:44 PM

Are you still here?

That's cute.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 PM

Move to Israel. No one likes you.