Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2005, 12:20 PM

Default Re: KQs.......standard?

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB

I'm wondering about all streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise on the flop. The check should have been with the intention of raising CO's likely bet. MP3 bet instead, but you can still force BB and UTG to call two cold.

I think I'd rather check/fold the river than bet/fold. You're behind here an enormous amount of the time.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:24 PM

A little too much Xmas cheer, Kwaz, or were you just trying to confuse him?

Any reads?

Preflop: I 3-bet (92%) or fold (8%), depending on whether I think CO is stealing. Yeah, it's not a pure steal since there's a VPIP from UTG, but the principle is there.

Flop: the preflop action will affect this, but depending on whether you were last aggressor you're either betting out or c/r'ing, here.

Turn: plays itself.

River: are you expecting your bet to fold 3 opponents? I mean, seriously, what's CO going to call with, here, that you're beating, forget about the other ace-rag holding donks?
Old 12-27-2005, 02:56 PM

Yeah, definitely needs to be played more aggressively on the flop. You need to make BB/UTG pay for their [censored].
Old 12-27-2005, 03:07 PM

Grunch:
I like the pf call - you have a strong hand but are OOP.

Flop - you are too weak (IMO) for a c/r, so bet! Given that someone else did, I would have raised the flop as played.

Turn - good.

Riv - I think you have to call. While you lose to his naked A, he may have KJ or KT. Crying call for a hand you should have won already.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:18 PM

Flop is weak sauce. I would've check-raised. I woulc've check-called the river. Given how you played it, maybe I would've called the river raise. It depends on how different 1/2 is from .50/1 because it's close...
Old 12-27-2005, 05:16 PM

grunch

Raise pre-flop

Check raise flop

bet turn and probably bet the river before I thought about the ace making a straight. When I got raised I would make the crying call. seems a little pessimistic looking at my response but I am in a downswing at the moment.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:14 PM

I would have capped that flop to make the draws pay.

I'd c/c the river. Too big to fold. Betting here is pointless.

If a bidding war breaks out after you check, then i'd fold.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:49 PM

grunch

i'd either bet or check-raise on the flop.
i'd also bet the turn.
i wouldn't fold the river for one bet, as the pot's pretty big.