Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 03-12-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Aggressive pocket 9s hand at Stars

Hey guys . I haven't posted a hand in a long time, so I thought I would.

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (10.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (22.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 24.70 BB
Old 03-12-2005, 05:37 AM

Default Re: Aggressive pocket 9s hand at Stars

Nice hand. Having a hard time guessing CO, he certainly slowed down quick on the river.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:03 AM

Well played.
I'm guessing he had AT?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:08 AM

CO has A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here. He raises the flop with two pair and slows down to the three bet.

On the turn he obviously picks up the flush draw. He didn't cap the flop, which means he doesn't raise this turn unless he improved on the turn.

He smooth calls his two pair (but missed flush) on the river.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Results of this hand

Results:

Absolute was close, but for the wrong reasoning:

Villain showed down A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so MHIG. Needless to say, I wrote this crazy dude's name down.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: Results of this hand

[ QUOTE ]
Results:

Villain showed down A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], so MHIG. Needless to say, I wrote this crazy dude's name down.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't play his hand that badly. His turn action was out of line, but I bet he's better than most of your competition at .05/.10.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't play his hand that badly. His turn action was out of line, but I bet he's better than most of your competition at .05/.10.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is, did he play the hand fairly decently on purpose, or just stumble onto the correct play? (at least on the flop).
Old 03-15-2005, 03:20 AM

I think he plays this hand awful. The PF raiser (hero) bets out on a flop with an ace, so he raises Hero with his ace rag and then calls a three bet.

On the turn he picks up some more outs, but has to realize from the 3-bet on the flop he is still behind. Check/call is in order for him there, yet he bets it, and then gets raised and DOESN'T three-bet it. What, did he think the Hero is laying down here? Waste of a bet.

He misses altogether on the river, and for the same reason he shouldn't have raised the flop, he just calls the river.

Bad playing