Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Any Rugby fans?

Im not sure if I have that channel or not, Ill have to check when I finally get home in a couple weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks for the info though.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure if I have that channel or not, Ill have to check when I finally get home in a couple weeks. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks for the info though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the lions tour will be over by then, but the tri-nations is also on fox soccer channell, now if they could go back on their idea to nix currie cup matches [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 12:52 AM

Its good to see a bit of rugby discussion, i saw the game live on sky sport here in New Zealand, was a great game, all blacks were spectacular and basicly owned the lions. There was a lot of talk in the northern hemishphere about the lions forwards being world class, but they were completely out-played by the ab's. The try by sivivatu was one of the better international test try's ive seen in a while. Had it not been pooring with rain and hailing it is very likely the all blacks would of won by a lot more they were that much better. The lions will need to make massive improvements if they are to even get close in the next 2 tests. The 2007 world cup has NZ's name all over it.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The 2007 world cup has NZ's name all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did the 1991, 1995, 1999, and 2003 world cups [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 2007 world cup has NZ's name all over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did the 1991, 1995, 1999, and 2003 world cups [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

but, as long as they have the form that they had in this first test against the lions, I can't see a challenge from anywhere else(other than South Africa). Australia is about to go through a real transition period with losing Joe Roff and George Gregan could very well be retired by the time RWC2007 comes around. Wales had a great 6 nations this year, but can they really keep that form up, especially since Stephen Jones is approaching 30 and that isn't a young age afor a fly-half at the international level. France could very well be dangerous considering that the bulk of the RWC will be on their home soil. I can't see england repeating, and ireland have a few too many holes. South Africa are the only nation IMO that have what it takes to win this next world cup other than NZ
Old 06-26-2005, 07:09 PM

I reckon France are going to be NZ's biggest threat at next world cup, mainly because of the home ground advantage. At every world cup exept 1999 the host country has either won or made the final. I don't think south Africa have the players, or play well enough away from home to be a threat. The lions series is showing that the 6 nations teams like england and wales arn't on the same level as NZ, and aussie are on their way out.

The biggest issue for nz winning the world cup is the fact that because we have such a great rugby history, and they are always such a well respected team every other team is trying like anything against us, and lift themselves when playing us. In the last 2 world cup's France and Australia played incredibly well to beat us, they effectively played their final in the semi-finals, they would of beaten any selection of players in the world those days the way they played and lifted against us.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:25 PM

What websites do you guys use to keep up with. I know most of my fellow rugby fans that arent in the US have more TV options , but I need some comprehensive sites. I have some I check up on but just curious what my fellow posters use.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What websites do you guys use to keep up with. I know most of my fellow rugby fans that arent in the US have more TV options , but I need some comprehensive sites. I have some I check up on but just curious what my fellow posters use.

[/ QUOTE ]

web page is the one I use. THey cover every competition worth covering. I know that foxsportsworld's web site has rugby coverage too
Old 06-26-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Biggest site is www.planetrugby.com, which i often use, but has too much of a European perspective.

I mainly use www.nzoom.com, then go to the rugby section. I use this because it a a New Zealand perspective.

I also have the advantage of living in New Zealand where rugby is a religion. Rugby dominates the news on TV and in the papers every day, its brilliant.
Also i
Old 06-26-2005, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also have the advantage of living in New Zealand where rugby is a religion. Rugby dominates the news on TV and in the papers every day, its brilliant

[/ QUOTE ]

I am defininitely jealous.