Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Steve Dannenmann at Taj Mahal 5-10

I was playing at the Taj 5-10 on Monday night when who plops down in the 10 seat but Steve Dannenmann. He strolled in with a Heineken and 2 black chips in his hands. He sat down and quipped "I usually play 4-8 but they don't have that here so I have to play 5-10...this is high for me" He also said that we hade nothing to worry about because he sucked at limit poker. He was right as I saw him drop $350 before he left. He was a really nice guy, chatting it up with everyone and joking and laughing. He told a few WSOP stories and was really friendly. One very funny hand. SD is on the button and a new player to the table is in the SB. One MP caller, SD calls, SB raises. BB folds. MP calls. SD calls. Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with. SB checks. MP checks. SD bets. SB calls. MP folds. turn blank. check check. river blank SB checks and Steve Dannenmann bets and begs the SB to call. He even tells him that he could give him the bet back. SB thinks..then mucks his AK face up. Dannenmann shows 3-7 for the flopped straight.....the same hand that Hachem beat him with. The whole table erupted with laughter. Pretty funny. He also had another funny comment about how he read Harrington's book (Part 2) just before the WSOP but didn't get a chance to read the Heads Up part but figured he would'nt need it...whoops." It was a fun night to be playing poker....oh yeah..and I crushed the game for 70BB in about 6 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Steve Dannenmann at Taj Mahal 5-10

Im glad he didnt pull a moneymaker and try and sit at 300/600 or some garbage when he knows he can't beat it, pretending like he is the next stu. He seems like a fun guy.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:27 PM

Nice story until the very end
Old 11-29-2005, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im glad he didnt pull a moneymaker and try and sit at 300/600 or some garbage when he knows he can't beat it, pretending like he is the next stu. He seems like a fun guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you aren't a 300/600 player.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice story until the very end

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:00 PM

I saw Johnny Chan at the Bellagio when I was there. I left the 2-5 game up 20 bucks!
Old 11-30-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He also had another funny comment about how he read Harrington's book (Part 2) just before the WSOP but didn't get a chance to read the Heads Up part but figured he would'nt need it...whoops."

[/ QUOTE ]

Beyond awesome.

Nice story. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the impression that this guy is going to be making 'witty anecdotes' about his WSOP experience for quite some time.

"HAHAHA, nice hand, did you know that it is the very same hand that i bluffed howard lederer in the 2005 WSOP with?"

"Wow, tough beat. That's a similar situation to what i was in when i was in the 2005 WSOP against (insert name pro)"

I won't hold the fact that he's a one trick pony against him.

Im officially a zero trick pony.

It sounds a bit... errr... strange when you find such a retarded excuse to remind people that you made the final table of a WSOP event.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:58 PM

Wouldn't the flop that cost you millions and lost you the title of wsop champion stand out ot you. Or how about that you held the hole cards that your opponent had. What are the odds of that happening? It sounds almost made up by the original poster. I am sure i would recall and comment on such a coincidence.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:03 PM

I saw a pot won with 73 on a 456 flop at Foxwoods the other day, and I immediately commented about Hachem. Imagine the odds! Not only did two people hold this exact hand, but they both held it in prominent East Coast cardrooms, and in both cases someone at the table commented on it!

Oh, yeah, and one of them was actually the WSOP runner-up.... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]