Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Too aggressive with ATo?

[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

No way betting the flop into 4 players, one of whom is a TAG cold calling button is completely standard. I'm not saying it's incorrect, but we should rethink this. We are getting 10.4:1 and our folding equity is probably somewhere near 24:1; this board is ideal for betting the flop, being uncoordinated as [censored], but with four other players, a bet usually chases out those hands that aren't better than us, while those that are call, giving us pretty bad equity.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 AM

What's wrong with chasing out hands we beat here? With Ace high I'd prefer to have KQ fold the flop.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

No way betting the flop into 4 players, one of whom is a TAG cold calling button is completely standard. I'm not saying it's incorrect, but we should rethink this. We are getting 10.4:1 and our folding equity is probably somewhere near 24:1; this board is ideal for betting the flop, being uncoordinated as [censored], but with four other players, a bet usually chases out those hands that aren't better than us, while those that are call, giving us pretty bad equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding all 4 players in unlikely, I do agree with that. But even if we fold just 2 players, I think the flop bet is worth it, plus, we keep control of th hand.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The flop bet is standard

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On this board, do you really want to check call? Thats spewing. Bet this flop, you were the pfr, it's only logical.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On this board, do you really want to check call? Thats spewing. Bet this flop, you were the pfr, it's only logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I would rather check/call 35% of the time to a CO or button bet and take my free card 65% of the time when I'm drawing. In other words, I would rather pay .35 BB to see the turn than 1
Old 10-13-2005, 03:47 PM

We'll never know. Both players folded. In retrospect though I don't much like the way I played the turn. With a CO who would probably check, and a BB who probably wouldn't stick around on a flop like that without something of a hand, I think taking a free card was the better play.

I've recently dropped down from 15/30 to 5/10, and I'm surprised by the over-passitivity of a lot of my opponents. I think its making me a bit LAGGY [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]