Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:44 AM

Default Re: some glowing reviews of the TILT DVD

the one that compared it to walker texas ranger had me laughing out loud.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:34 PM

Better than Hellmuth and Lederer's DVDs combined !!!

Ever since the poker explosion of early 2005, I have been concerned with learning how to build and sustain an adequate bankroll. I conserve my bankroll for cash games. It seems every ostensible professional poker player is coming out with DVDs. Today I am delighted to say that you can throw those all away, along with your dusty copy of Super System, because the TILT DVD is the only instructional DVD you will need to become a triumphant high-stakes shark!

The Matador puts on a proverbial clinic for cash games. To a novice, his methods may seem avant-garde, but I assure you they are the only way to become a winning player. One example of this is when The Matador shows his students a move to do when you know you are going to make a straight pre-flop. He bets out 20 times the big blind from early position. In a cash game, no one would ever normally think of making such a sage move. That is why it catches your opponents off guard. This was clearly a trick of the trade I needed to add to my cash game arsenal as soon as possible. It reminded me of another move a slightly intoxicated man showed me once in a 3-6 game. I later came to find out this move was called "folding out of turn", as people kept asking me "why did you just fold out of turn" every time I tried to execute the move. The effectiveness of this secret strategy is really only understood by a few people. (Maybe I will explain it more when I come out with MY OWN DVD - tee hee hee.)

Anyway, in this hand, The Matador had to rely on his sixth sense as he was challenged with a min-raise from a formidable opponent, Lee Nickel. Nevertheless, in the end, The Matador relied on the fact that he already knew he was going to make a straight to bust Nickel's flopped set, and after much fan-fare, made the correct play.

I do not want to give away too many secrets because then there would be no reason to buy this DVD so you can learn how to play poker, but this DVD touches on many facets of cash game strategy. I am now on my third mortgage since implementing the strategies contained in this DVD, but I know that once I master this knowledge, my bankroll will flourish.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:11 PM

was there poker on that lame-duck? i dont remember any...

oh yeah, now i remember. they showed what? seven or eight hands? "poker for dummies" was more entertaining. shouldve borrowed the name for the show...
Old 06-17-2005, 10:38 PM

This DVD will change the way people watch Tilt!, June 18, 2005
Reviewer: Yosh Nakano (Las Vegas, NV USA)

Tilt has been one of the most influential poker television dramas in the history of ESPN. Moreover, this docu-drama has set the standard by which other poker-related broadcasts, such as the World Poker Tour or that episode of Three's Company when Chrissy goes to a strip poker game, will be measured.

This DVD should not be viewed casually: it should be studied. While the plot and dialogue may not be first-rate, the money it makes you at the poker table will allow you to buy all the Shakespeare DVDs you want.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:24 PM

Nice one.
Old 06-19-2005, 04:35 PM

its ok..but then they tried to mix en the love affairs and other BULL.

But i will watch season 2 to see wat happends to madason
Old 06-19-2005, 04:38 PM

what season 2??
Old 06-19-2005, 04:49 PM

no matter wat there gonna have to make a season 2.

because they made the last episode to be continued.

season 3 will never happen
Old 06-19-2005, 04:55 PM

i dont think there will be a season 2, but you never know
Old 06-19-2005, 05:35 PM

With this being advertised as "The Complete First Season" rather than "The Complete Series" implies it is not yet cancelled.