Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Official Tilt - Episode 4 - thread

You can never forget the "should i call?" question asked by the older man followed up by "do you ask a barber if you need a haircut" in episode 2 i think. After this the old man calls the all in and loses.
lol, i love these quotes..
Old 02-11-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Moving all in is the most powerful play in poker. You can break someone or lose everything" or you can tie and have a split pot.

Am I the only one who thinks the matador isnt winning that much more money by cheating then if he would play straight up. I mean how is knowing that the 7 of clubs is a dead card and so that the whale actually has 0 outs instead of 1 help him? Would he have thrown the boat away if he did have one out. Why do i shave my testicles? Are you bitches starting to undastand me. yo im out

[/ QUOTE ]

As I was telling my wife the other day, this very point was the nail in the coffin IMO in making this the worst written show in the history of television. Like you need ANY HELP in pushing or calling an all in with a flopped full house. But to know the 7c is dead? SO FREAKING WHAT. And for that matter, he has to KNOW that the billionaire has T8c in the first place for that information to be relevant. God that was lame. He had a full house to the billionaires flush. That's not cheating or nefarious. That's straight up poker.
Old 02-11-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can never forget the "should i call?" question asked by the older man followed up by "do you ask a barber if you need a haircut" in episode 2 i think. After this the old man calls the all in and loses.
lol, i love these quotes..

[/ QUOTE ]

Essentilly, all of the table talk is classic unintential comedy. The more they talk, the more retarded they sound. Who talks like that at a table? I ask ANYONE...have you ever told someone you picked up their betting patterns...and then tell them what they were?
Old 02-11-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

As I was telling my wife the other day, this very point was the nail in the coffin IMO in making this the worst written show in the history of television. Like you need ANY HELP in pushing or calling an all in with a flopped full house. But to know the 7c is dead? SO FREAKING WHAT. And for that matter, he has to KNOW that the billionaire has T8c in the first place for that information to be relevant. God that was lame. He had a full house to the billionaires flush. That's not cheating or nefarious. That's straight up poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I don't agree that this show is ridiculous... However, the Matador didn't know he had a straight flush draw until the guy turned his hand over. I think the Matador just knew he held the best hand. Once he saw the draw, he remembered what Eddie folded and said "I don't think you want to know the odds of you catching the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] "
Old 02-11-2005, 04:03 AM

This show is so bad that it is the best show in the history of television.

I swear.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:08 AM

Oh god, tell me there won't be a Season 2.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:10 AM

I predict the Matador will turn into a good guy before the series is over.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I predict the Matador will turn into a good guy before the series is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully he will stop string raising too.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:07 AM

I am watching episode 4 now, but I missed the first minute or so. I was wondering why the chick "walked away from the nuts" *ahem* 3rd nuts I mean.

I got in just in time to see her walk off and hear the comment.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am watching episode 4 now, but I missed the first minute or so. I was wondering why the chick "walked away from the nuts" *ahem* 3rd nuts I mean.

I got in just in time to see her walk off and hear the comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some guy sat down and mentioned that Seymour died. Said it like "some guy who used to run the Sports Book..." and she got flustered and left.