Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 12:14 PM

Default Turn and River blunders? (0.5/1) *DELETED*

Post deleted by blankstah
Old 11-25-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Turn and River blunders? (0.5/1)

I don't really know the texture of the .5/1 games, but I would imagine that they are very loose. Calling K5s may be right, if button is really loose with his raises, but even so, you are out of position, and it is rather weak with 4 players. I would fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

On the flop, I like betting. You certainly have good equity, and you may even get them to fold if they don't like the flop. That way you increase your equity by winning even when you don't hit the flush or king. I don't know if these players like to fold ever though, so maybe in this game a check call is right.

I like the play on the turn.

On the river, it sure looks like BB has been drawing. Betting doesn't seem to accomplish anything, as he will probably call with anything that beats you, and won't fold a better hand (maybe A high, but I doubt it).

I would check to induce bluffs here. Calling with K high is pretty thin though, I would rather have the ace. Nevertheless, the pot is pretty big, so I think you can do it.