Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: completing the small blind

Cero,

You are going to get a lot of people broke with that advice. And, I am looking forward to watching you play again.

Matt
Old 07-16-2005, 01:52 AM

if i'm playing vs. good opponents there is 0% chance i play any of your hands. Vs. bad opponents, when i'm multi tabling there is a very low chance i'm playing those hands because it requires good precise reads and full attention (which if you make a habit out of play alot of marginal hands at many tables you won't have. playing just 1 table against bad players, i'll still fold a lot beause of being first to act, and even when i do play a hand there i'll probably lose a small amount of money on it in the long run.

what does table image have to do with anything???
Old 07-16-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does table image have to do with anything???

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to create a loose gambling image, and this is a cheap way to help do that. If I see someone routinely fold from here, getting 11/1 preflop, I tighten up against them substantially in that position. Matts point about control postflop and your point about multi tabling are well taken.

I'm not convinced yet, (but am open to convincing) that opponents need to spew 'a lot' of chips to make a call here worthwhile on average, given the odds for the call in the first place.

Bingo
Old 07-16-2005, 04:44 PM

With 4 limpers, you're getting 11 to 1 to complete (assuming a check from BB). Almost any two cards are worth seeing a flop with those odds.

Just yesterday a guy scolded me for completing from SB with 6d 3d. He limped with pocket 4s and flopped a set. I flopped a straight. I stacked him and made over 100 times the amount I invested to complete. I wouldn't have gotten involved if there weren't three or four limpers in the pot.