Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Flop open-ended straight flush draw and facing reisistance

I felt that I should have pushed after he raised, but I only called. The whole reason for posting this hand was to see if pushing was the right idea.

Next time I will know. Thanks!

Here is how the hand finished:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

MP ($158.41)
Hero ($77.25)
SB ($103.18)
BB ($378.59)
UTG ($164.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) calls $3.50, BB calls $3, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($16) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $25</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $17.

Turn: ($66) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: $96

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $96. </font>

I think my $30 bet on the turn was probably pretty dumb, but I was hoping he would just put me all in.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I felt that I should have pushed after he raised, but I only called. The whole reason for posting this hand was to see if pushing was the right idea.

Next time I will know. Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

The key in this spot is that by pushing you give yourself more equity because there is a good chance the LAG will fold.

Also you are not very deep so if you wiff on the turn you might need to put more chips in the pot when you have less equity since you only have one card to come.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:51 AM

bet more on the flop. he probably figured that you must be on a draw with such a weak flop bet and decided to take a shot at you. definitely push to his raise...