Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: PWNED (extremely low but awesome content)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You bonus whoring fgt.

You cleaned up nicely today it seems.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only win at 2+2 tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

cuz everyone's a maniac at the 2+2 tables...

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously haven't seen this guy play at the 2+2 tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Inspiring, haha.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

"I think what you're doing, building up from scratch, is a very worthwhile experience."

Wally, I couldn't agree more. I also started with nothing (the $10 RVP startup bonus) playing the .05/.10 and gradually moving through .10/.20, .25/.50, .50/1.00, and now finally 1/2. My free $10 has turned into $1500 in 5 months of sporadic playing. More important, though, is that I've had the chance to make every mistake possible (including stuff like Miles saw, I hate to admit) and now my game is fairly solid. IMHO no amount of reading can replace time at the tables trying to make the right decision before the timer expires. Of course, the posts here have been very helpful, too.

Where do you play .10/.20? I had a hard time finding tables at that limit. Sort of funny in hindsight that I was DONE with .05/.10 but still "not ready" for .25/.50. Anyway, when you are ready to move up I think you'll be happy to see how the table selection improves at at .25/.50 and .50/1.00. Good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I'm doing currently, playing the $10 RVP sign up bonus and trying to run that up. After about a month and a half I'm above the $150 point most of which has been from 4 tabling nickel-dime.

Now I'm playing mostly RVP's 0.10-0.20 tables and 4 tabling when I can. Usually I'm playing three 0.10-0.20 tables and one nickel-dime since the 0.10-0.20 tables are few. In fact, I'm often playing all of the available full ring nickel-dime and 0.10-0.20 tables.

I see so many NL and PL tables, but I don't really know how to play the game with that structure. "One structure and game at a time," I tell myself. You're right, there are plenty of tables at the 0.25-0.50 and 0.50-1.00 level (at least on RVP).

I've noticed that during the day, the tables are much more loose since RVP is a Prima site with tons of Swedes playing as it is night time there. During the evenings, the tables tighten up. I was pretty surprised to see how tight the tables at this low of a level can be with plenty of opportunity to steal blinds. Overall, the better players are rocks and seem pretty weak-tight.

I've only been playing poker for a couple months now. I read and studied for three months and played 30k hands in simulation software to get a little bit of a feel/develop some card sense. I've definitely spent more money on poker-related things so technically I'm not building from scratch, but I'm a book worm and computer nerd so I don't mind it so much. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And thanks for the encouragement guys. It wasn't until recently that I've found out that other people have done or are doing the same thing as me. I just thought it would be cool to start at zero. More importantly, I need experience and learn the game by making plenty of my own mistakes beginning at the lowest levels.

Regards,
Wally
Old 04-27-2005, 04:21 AM

Default .05/.10 Tables...

A lot of guys in this post have already mentioned playing a lot of .05/.10 to build a roll. I was wondering what sites offer this low limit. I'm currently trying to build a roll at poker stars' .05/.10 tables and wonder if that's the best place to be or if there are other .05/.10 tables at other sites with a good selection.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: .05/.10 Tables...

Crazy Poker has a lot of them, right now (noon MST) there's 8 mostly full .05/0.10 tables, can always find a game. For 0.10/0.20 there's less, but lots of .25/.5 again.

They have the $10 free signup, plus it seems like they offer decently frequent reload bonuses. Seems like a very good place to learn, enough nice mistakes to make up for some pretty poor decisions on my part so far.

Can only 2 table, though.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:22 PM

I'd say just hang out at Paradise until you've built up your roll to $500. It shouldn't take you too long, and you'll make more off of later bonuses.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:52 PM

do i understand you have 1600 dollars and aren't playing 2/4? wtf?
Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Shameless self promotion

Link. Hope you find this useful. I crawled my way up from the nanos too. This guide might be right up yr alley.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
do i understand you have 1600 dollars and aren't playing 2/4? wtf?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm playing 1/2 6-max now. Yeah I have about 1600 but most of it (95%) wasn't won on Party and the "curse" has been holding me back from moving up here.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM

Ok, Miles, one question for you. How do you have 1500 posts here and are only playing .5/1? How long have you been a 2+2er? That just sounds weird to me cuz I have like 50 posts (been responding/posting here quite a bit) and I'm planning on moving to 1/2 (at least part time) this weekend.

Just purely based off of number of posts, sounds like you should be at 5/10 or something.

And btw, what is your winrate at .50/1? Just curious. I was actually a TOTAL wuss at .25/.50, where I started and built up a 1k roll at (lol, don't even ask, I was happy to be making ANYTHING, unemployed college student.) I was averaging 8bb/100 at .25/.50 in 25k hands. I'm rolling on 5bb/100 at .50/1.00 and seem to have been running bad (9k sample size.) So i'm just curious as to what other ppl are making at this skill level at these stakes.

Wow, this turned out way longer than I expected [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Oh s**t, I almost forgot why I posted in the first place...

About the .25/.50 discussion: I don't know about stars or anything, but pokerroom.com has some looooooooose .25/.50 tables. They are the smallest stakes they offer, which helps i'm sure.

I remember getting pissed off sometimes because I couldn't find any tables with a "see flop" percentage of over 70. lol, miss those days. So yeah, good place to built a br for sure. Like I said, I built up a 1k roll over about 3 months ONLY 2 TABLING. MAN I could have made so much more money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2005, 09:36 AM

I share the same curiousity as fly. I banged away at the 0.5/1 for a good few months learning the game and such and now have just moved to 2/4 and from some of the posts here on this forum, I really fail to see how you are not doing the same. I am no poker natural and am still learning (mostly that i still have a lot to learn) but the amount you can learn at 0.5/1 is limited in my opinion and the sooner you all move up (when the bankroll is there) the better your game will be for it.