Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Tough night w/ AA Suggestions please?

Hand 2 is fine. They are trying to hit sets on you. What will determine how well you win with AA is if you are going to pay them off or not.

Hand 1 and 3 are your bad hands.

Hand 1) Flop is fine and preflop are fine. On the turn, the queen of spades comes off. Now there is a monotone flop and a 9, J, and Q on the board. THat is about as bad as it gets for AA. I like checking the turn and possibly calling a small bet but by no means should you be putting a lot of money in on the turn. Someone wanting to get a lot of money in is showing that he isn't scared of the monotone board or the 3 to a straight so you need to beware. Check folding is Okay, too. Just don't get a lot of money in on a board like this.

Hand 3) This hand isn't as bad as I thought. I think you just got unlucky here. He paid $3 preflop with 87 and happened to get lucky. You make money here in the long run. You have to ask why after you raised $7 on the flop, he is willing to push, though. You showed strength and now he is showing that he isn't scared of whatever you have. I think if you played this a 1000 times , you would still make money here even with calling his all-in on the flop. You only have to take his $3 about 8 times for every one time he takes your money to be a winner and there is no way he flops trips 8 to 1 . At least I don't think so.