Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2003, 05:53 PM

Default 15-30 hand

I don't play a lot of live 15-30... much more online, and I am fairly young, so I know the guy I got involved in this hand with thought I was a "young punk" and a pushover. This player is a good player that takes a few too many shots pre-flop...

Anyway, I open raise from cutoff with Ad2d, he three bets me from the SB, and I call.

The flop: As Kc Jc -- he check, I bet. He calls. OK, he would 3 bet with 77 or better, but he won't call this flop with 77 or better unless he has caught I piece of it, I put him on a monster. AA or KK. or a club draw... but I think he would have even bet out the club draw.

Turn is 5c, he checks, I check. Now I kind of thought I may be ahead here now... but maybe he thought I would auto-bet here... but it is pretty risky not betting out, the board is pretty ugly. Maybe he has QQ.

River is the 4c putting 4 clubs on board. He checks, what do you do?

I checked it down, and he turns over AA with the suited Ac, for the stone cold nuts. I was thinking he played this pretty poorly, but I don't think he could have gotten anymore out of me anyway. So now I think it was the right play... try and induce a bet from me.

What do you guys think?
Old 07-02-2003, 01:41 AM

Default Re: 15-30 hand

He should have bet every street. That flop should touch many of your stealing hands and he should figure to get raised many times, at which point he can 3-bet or call with an eye towards betting or checkraising the turn. Checking the flop does nothing but kill his action, as evidenced by your play.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:38 AM

Default Re: 15-30 hand

3 betting pre-flop then checking a board that consits of A,K,J screams monster.

Clark is right in that he should come out betting. You would call if you had any part of that I believe, or 4 to a straight/flush.