Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:15 PM

Default Re: Paul Phillips post on his website about 2+2

that is all there is that hasn't been archived. His signal to noise raitio is terrible, probably one good post for 10 trying to cause trouble in one way or another.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:19 PM

Default Is Phillips serious about his Nazi\'s being funny?

[ QUOTE ]
When I started mentioning nazis my days at 2+2 were already over and I was just having some fun with my last couple comments. The thing is, nazis are funny

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you can watch "springtime for hitler" in the producers and not piss yourself laughing then I question the development of your sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spring time for Hitler - is that what people think about when someone likens somthiething to nazism? Besides Springtime for Hitler was not a movie that "poked" fun at Nazis. It was a movie that ridiculed Nazis and everything they stood for.

No people don't think about the movie "springtime for hitler" when the they think about Nazis. They think about names like Hitler, Himmler and Eichman. They think about places like Dachau, Buchenwald and Aushwitz. Ask survivors of Nazi terror if they find them amusing. Ask any World War Two Vet (if you can find one alive) if they think anything associated with Nazism is funny.

Mason Malmuth is jewish. Mason is also an amatuer historian. He knows very well what happened under the guise of Nazism. I can tell you that if something I were associated with were compared with Nazism I would be outraged and I'm not jewish. I can only imagine how that must make Mason feel. I made the same mistake that Phillips made. I likened Dynasty's actions to those of the Nazi's. I was wrong. Just because I was mad did not give me thright to make light of such a horrible era in the history and minds of a whole people.

In my opinion Phillips owes Mason and this forum an apology if for no other reason than his insensitive Nazi comments.

Vince
Old 11-14-2005, 10:23 PM

Post Deleted.

This thread is about Phillips, and it's goofy at best. Let's not turn it into an argument about anything else.

- Dids
Old 11-14-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get why so many care whether paul phillips is here. If he wants to post fine. if he doesn't his loss. end of story. Why does everyone kiss his butt? Does he pay you guys to go around telling everyone how important he is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because his posts are generally very funny, and also often very educational to boot. If your posts were ever either of those, people would have more respect for you, too. Do you see why? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It should be pretty clear that somebody with Paul's specific knowledge and insight would be a great value to this forum. He's one of the more active pros in terms of being online, visable and sharing his opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. And the fact that Mason can't just say "sorry Paul, I was wrong about this one" is kind of sad and a waste. At least Mat said he was sorry about it (sort of, anyway). Like I wrote in my "What a Jopke" thread (locked but not deleted I think), a simple "sorry Paul, please come back" would probably work to bring him back... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he has banned me from his site

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. And for the life of me I don't know why. We were such good buddies. Broke my heart.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that PP was even temporarily banned, on the one hand, while Vince (&amp Smoothcall are still welcome to post, has got to be one of life's great ironies. And I say that as someone who actually likes you, Vince...! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Paul, but he's coming off like a 100% infant here.

He made a trolling post and refuses to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part specifically did you feel was trollish? Unless you are just saying that giving an opinion that is critical is trolling, I disagree with your contention.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:41 PM

Default My post here deleted but this stays

You delete my post about Tom Collns but leave the below. I guess it is on topic even though it is about me and smoothcall.

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that PP was even temporarily banned, on the one hand, while Vince (&amp Smoothcall are still welcome to post, has got to be one of life's great ironies. And I say that as someone who actually likes you, Vince...!

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince
Old 11-15-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Is Phillips serious about his Nazi\'s being funny?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I started mentioning nazis my days at 2+2 were already over and I was just having some fun with my last couple comments. The thing is, nazis are funny

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you can watch "springtime for hitler" in the producers and not piss yourself laughing then I question the development of your sense of humor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spring time for Hitler - is that what people think about when someone likens somthiething to nazism? Besides Springtime for Hitler was not a movie that "poked" fun at Nazis.

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Charlie Chaplin did, and just about every Mel Brooks movie, The Blues Brothers did too.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Post Deleted.

This thread is about Phillips, and it's goofy at best. Let's not turn it into an argument about anything else.

- Dids

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of "moderating" is ruining 2+2.
Closed Thread