Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Looking to Stake Online Players!

[ QUOTE ]
I could use about three fifdee.

[/ QUOTE ]
I need a "I just spat coke all over my keyboard" emote. IJSCOAMK will have to do.

NH
Old 10-01-2005, 01:13 AM

when you set at the table gilla how long does it take for you to evaluate a player as winner or loser. How many players on pt do you have more than 500 hands on? Most people place the stat of how much a player is up or down on the overlay software. If it were meaningless you wouldn't see that, it seems to me. We as poker players make judgements on players at the drop of a hat, because we rarely get stat. meaningfull data.

p.s. I wonder how many hands we have played against each other? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you set at the table gilla how long does it take for you to evaluate a player as winner or loser. How many players on pt do you have more than 500 hands on? Most people place the stat of how much a player is up or down on the overlay software. If it were meaningless you wouldn't see that, it seems to me. We as poker players make judgements on players at the drop of a hat, because we rarely get stat. meaningfull data.

p.s. I wonder how many hands we have played against each other? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It takes as few as one hand to tell if somebody is a loser, telling if they are a winner would take many more hands. For me, at least, the assumption of their winning/losing ability has nothing to do with how much they are up or down(b/c of the very fact that I don't have enough hands on them). If they are cold calling raises often with middling hands, if they are letting the BB in for one bet instead of three-bettting from the rear, if they are playing any ace, from anywhere, or playing any two suited cards, etc. etc. These are the things that tell me there is a fish present. As for stats, I don't waste space with what they are up/down. I would much rather see their aggresion, their PFR, their VPIP, and really, anything else besides what they are ahead or behind. The only benifit I could see in showing these stats is to get a sense of flow and rhythm but even then, they will not make my front page.

As a side note, just out of curiosity, I looked up the biggest winners on my database. This is all for 5/10//10/20 six max tables and all in the last two months (about 90,000 hands). Here is the top five's VPIP/PFR numbers. They all have between 100 and 351 hands.

1st duh
2nd 60/27
3rd 48/23
4th 26/21
5th 42/13

You see four probable long-term winners. I see, to the best of my ability, one fish, two very bad players, one decent player, and a mirror.

I will claim the top player i've played against out of my 90,000 hands, the 60/27 guy, the man, the machine, the big money winner, is a HUGH loser. You?
Old 10-01-2005, 05:14 AM

You are looking at it all wrong. We all have swings of +-40 units in 8 table hours but frequency and DURATION are dif. for the winning player.)

Lets say the odds of observing you for a RANDOM 8 hour period on a -40 unit down turn = X

divided by

the odds of a typical losing player being observed to have a -40 unit downturn during a RANDOM 8 hour period= Y.

You imply x/y is close to 1, but there is no way these numbers are close to 1. You are focusing on the frequency and not the duration.

If you don't believe me take a small sample yourself. Take your first 4 tables for 1 hour and -10 bb. do the calculation yourself. Most of the time x will be much lower than y.

Ill give you the last word, as I am done with this line.
We can agree we have a different way of thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(btw a -100 unit swing with 8 table hours is really unusual. )
Old 10-01-2005, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have also been registered on this site longer than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've also been registered on this site a hell of a lot longer than me, too. Yet in all that time, you've posted exactly 18 times (at the time of this posting)...and in the 2+ months I've been registered...I've actually gotten involved somewhat. Who gives a flying monkey how long you've been REGISTERED...you're a donkey. Accept it, quit bothering us, and move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say it like its a bad thing
Old 10-02-2005, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
move on to the next phase of your life.....constant masturbation.

[/ QUOTE ]
you say it like its a bad thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad thing? I see this as +EV. Saves me alot of money [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]